Ratings for Dr. John J. Moynihan

Although the staff was pleasant dr Moynihan is the worst doctor I ever had in my entire life with a weird personality also.I MEAN THAT LITTERLY.He possesses skills of incompetence.Now I am in constant pain and scarred for life because of his ignorance and unskills.I also almost lost my life over it but in an emergency I was rushed to a hospital where a compentent doctor saved me.dr Moynihan deserves a rating of -0.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2013

flag | Submitted January 28, 2012

Dr. Moynihan is the best surgeon I could have found. I thank God that I was able to have him as my surgeon. He quieted my spirited, which prior to surgery is most important. The surgery went without a problem and I was and am cured thanks to him.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Moynihan off and on for almost 20 years, more so in the last 5 years. I have hidradenitis supervia which he has helped me deal with, performing at least 5 surgeries. He also performed my husband's umbilical hernia last year. He is wonderful. His bedside manner excellent, he doesn't talk over your head, skils are outstanding, very friendly, and more! I love the staff at his Annandale office. I can't say enough good things about him! If you have a choice, go with Dr. Moynihan!! He is the BEST!

flag | Submitted May 18, 2011

I needed to have an apendectomy last week, and Dr. Moynihan was the surgeon on call. He came into the hospital at midnight to do my surgery, and he immediately made me feel comfortable. His bedside manner was excellent. He explained everything to me and kept me calm and reassured. He even just chatted with me about our children for a few minutes while we were waiting for the anesthsiologist to arrive. He made a point to go talk to my husband immediately after the surgery to let him know that everything went well and to answer his questions. I feel very lucky that he was the surgeon on call that night and recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2009

Dr. Moynihan did my breast cancer surgery 2 years ago. His skill and knowledge are superb. He is always willing to answer questions about the medical situation. His personality is very reassuring. I am glad that he continues to monitor my health and has helped me remain cancer free.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2007

I was recently referred to Dr. Moynihan for thyroid surgery. I have not yet had the surgery performed, but during my first appointment with him he was very knowledgable, kind and helpful. He reviewed my pathology report (from a biopsy performed by a different doctor) with me and clearly discussed my options. I will write more after I have my surgery.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2006

Dr. Moynihan was excellent! He spent time explaining the procedure and made me feel very comfortable throughout the whole process. The surgery (Sigmoid Resection) was a complete success and has greatly improved my life. My recovery has been brief and flawless, no pain and I am feeling excellent. Dr. Moynihan has an excellent staff both in the office as well as assisting him during surgery. His office staff was very helpful and efficient sorting out all administrative paperwork and his nursing staff was excellent both during surgery as well as following up during recovery with daily calls ensuring I was doing fine at home. Nobody wants to undergo surgery and I am no exception, however, if you have to do it do not hesitate to consult with Dr. Moynihan – he is an excellent professional and a great human being.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2006

Dr. Moynihan is rated one of the best doctors in the country. I think he's THE BEST in the country!! He is very punctual, extremely knowledgable, VERY CARING--BEST BEDSIDE MANNER!! He takes time to answer your questions and give you the time you need. He LISTENS to and addresses your concerns. He is VERY easy to talk to and is VERY helpful and supportive. He gives the information you need to make a decision you feel is right for you and supports that decision. He gives guidance when you need it. He returns phone calls if you need to speak to him directly. He takes a personal interest in his patients. He always has a reassuring manner and tone of voice, no matter what!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2006

Dr. John J. Moynihan's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1980)

MSP/BC Med