Ratings for Dr. Carl H. Bivens

Dr Bivens is cold and belittling. Don't waste your time and money. Find a different endocrinologist.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

Dr Bivens is very helpful. He treated me and I have full confidence in his medicinal knowledge. He has a dry sense of humor, but does care about his patients and will give you the care you need.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2014

Dr. Biven is anachronistic and sexist. He would not prescribe hormones because I'm not MARRIED when I was having menopause symptoms. He as actually treating me for a thyroid disorder, and is NOT up on any recent research. I went to him several times and finally gave up. There are not enough endocrinologists in the Blacksburg area so people get sent to him. My primary care physician is much better than he is. I will let her treat me from now on.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2013

This is one of the best endocrinologists in the business which is why he is in constant demand. I love him and found him to be excellent. The only problem are the long waits to get in to see him because so many patients are trying to accomplish the same. Accourdingly, punctuality is not so good; I usually never got in within the appointed hour however, some of those times it was my fault because I reported late. I got tired of the long waiting, beyond your appointment time, because so many patients want to see Dr. Bivens. Dr. Bivens is compassionate and well informed. He's what I'd call a patients' doctor: Excellent. He is most thorough and professional in manner and overall just a nice, gentlemanly family guy...

flag | Submitted April 15, 2009

didn't do much of an exam. Said it looked like I was doing okay. Poor bedside manner when seen in the emergency room with extremely high blood sugars. Personality "the pits".

flag | Submitted December 15, 2006

Very dated, not up on latest technology/journals, doesn't do well with anything outside of "normal". He asked me "what did I think he could do for me?" when I presented with hirsutism, galactorrhea, and other unususal symptoms. My PCP knows more than he, and that's not saying a lot.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2006

didn't seem to be updated in advances

flag | Submitted October 10, 2006

I am so glad I have a doctor like Bivens he is the best hes always been there when i need him.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2006

Dr. Carl H. Bivens's Credentials

• Medical College Of Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1967)

Commercial Insurance Company