Ratings for Dr. Eric A. Heller

I have never reviewed anyone online, let alone a doctor but I felt I had to express my gratitude to Dr. Heller. Dr. Heller was a miracle worker with my mother. Without him, I'm convinced she would have no quality of life and would have been confined to a nursing home. Thanks to the stent Dr. Heller inserted, she is no longer short of breath and can walk around the block. In addition to his clinical expertise, he treats every patient as though he or she is a member of his own family. I can't say enough about Dr. Heller!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2015

Dr. Heller saved my wife’s life. His hands are golden along with his knowledge and professionalism. If there was a higher rating than a 5 he is well deserving of it. His bedside manners is second to none. He treats you as though you were a family member. Can’t say enough about him God bless him and his staff. A true and dedicated professional to his trade.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2019

Outstanding. Like the other comments. Grateful and thankful .. My husbands outcome could have been very different. Thank you Dr Heller. Again outstanding. ❤️

flag | Submitted May 2, 2018

Dr. Heller treated my cousin who had a heart attack. He performed a highly complicated and skilled procedure putting in 7 stents over a period of 2 days. He saved his life and he saved him from having open heart surgery. He even came on the weekend to discharge him. Not only is he knowledgeable but he is kind, warm and explains everything so that you can easily understand. You feel like part of his family. Truly a wonderful doctor. Many members of my family are his patients including me. One can honestly feel totally confident.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2017

Excellent ,kind ,knowledgable Ivy League educated Dr. There aren't too many around like him!! He treats all my family members, My sister,My Mother, My aunt and Uncle!!!

flag | Submitted March 23, 2016

I can't speak highly enough about. Dr. Heller! He SAVED my husband's life after 2 other local cardiologists gave up on him. Dr. Heller does not shy away from difficult cases. My husband is now back to our normal quality of life, even golfing! I am now such a believer that my daughter and I are now his patients too. God bless Dr. Heller!

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Heller's for several years. There is no question that his expert care, complete treatment and total concern has allowed me to continue doing all of the activities I want to do. I have complete faith in him and recommend him highly to anyone seeking an Ivy League trained physician with old-time values.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

Dr Heller is an extremely compassionate caring doctor. He will go out of his way to make sure you have the best and latest possible treatment even when you have a chronic condition that doesn't seem to want to quit! He will make sure he calls and follows up with you after every procdedure to make sure you are progressing in your care. I have never had a more caring doctor. I have the upmost respect and trust for him. My family members are becoming his patients because of what he has done for me!

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

Dr. Heller is a compassionate, Ivy League educated, and most knowledgable doctor. He returns phone calls even in the evenings and on weekends.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

Before I moved to Florida my Doctor was Michael Collins from Columbia Presbertian who is also one of Clintons Cardiologist , when I moved down to Boca Raton and ended up one night in the ER from chest pains I found Doctor Heller he advised me to Have a coronary angiogram, of course I called my Doctor in NY, He said "you are so lucky if Eric Heller is there you don't need to come to NY he is one of my Golden Boys...". Dr Heller is easily reachable very responsible and a great follower , during my lifetime I had 11 cornorary angiograms in Europe in Cleveland and in New York the smoothest and the easiest one for me was the last one done by Dr Heller, I give him 5 stars plus ....

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

Dr. Eric A. Heller's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Heller is originally from Brooklyn New York. He was undergraduate at Yale where he received both a BS and MS in Biology. Dr. Heller received his MD from Harvard Medical school, He then went on to internal medicine internship/ residency at Johns Hopkins Hospital/Massachusetts General Hospital respectively. Dr Heller was a Cardiovascular research fellow at Massachusetts General Hospital from 2003-2005, a clinical cardiology fellow at Columbia University Medical Center from 2005-2008 and an interventional cardiology fellow at Columbia from 2008-2010. He was junior faculty at Columbia from 2009-2011 after which he moved to Palm Beach county with his family. He is now in private practice specializing in general cardiology and coronary/endovascular/structural interventions. Dr. Heller's main passion lies in complex structural heart interventions including Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR), Transcatheter mitral valve repair (Mitraclip) and percutaneous left atrial appendage closure (Watchman), all of which he performs at JFK Medical Center in Atlantis, Florida.

• Spanish
  • Hebrew

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 2000)
  • Yale University (Grad. 1996)
  • Johns Hopkins University (Grad. 2001)
  • Harvard University (Grad. 2005)
  • Columbia University New York (Grad. 2010)

• Aortic valve stenosis
  • Abdominal aortic aneurysm
  • Aortic valve regurgitation
  • Thoracic aortic aneurysm
  • Heart attack
  • Mitral valve regurgitation
  • Mitral valve stenosis
  • Atrial septal defect (ASD)
  • Patent foramen ovale
  • Ventricular septal defect (VSD)
  • Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
  • Atrial fibrillation
  • Myocardial ischemia
  • Transient ischemic attack (TIA)
  • Stroke
  • Vasovagal syncope
  • Acute coronary syndrome
  • Pulmonary embolism
  • Deep vein thrombosis (DVT)
  • Pulmonary hypertension
  • Pulmonary edema
  • Edema
  • High blood pressure (hypertension)
  • Secondary hypertension
  • Heart arrhythmia
  • Heart failure
  • Congenital heart disease in adults
  • Heart murmurs
  • Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)

• Fellow American College of Cardiology