Ratings for Dr. Stephen B. Murphy

God enters Dr Murphys hands when he does surgery. This surgeon is an amazing Dr. He has many patients and uses during surgery instruments he designed. He replaced my hip for dinner that night in hospital I was up smiling and eating a dish of pasta. I never had a pain. I went home next morning and was able to care for myself and walk my dog. His minamally invasive procedure is unbelievable and I know as the first hip surgery I had was a nightmare. What a blessing that I researched and found Dr Murphys technique. And he what he does in helping people to have the incredible results he achieves with his procedure. '

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

I have had two hips replaced by Dr. Murphy. One I had replaced six years ago. Just four weeks ago I had the other one done. When I was going in for the second surgery I realized I was very calm and confident that this was not going to be a difficult experience. When I got to the hospital I thought "maybe I'm being cavalier about this and not facing reality" I am very happy to say that the surgery, recovery and rehab almost seemed better that the first time!! I was on one crutch in one week.....and without crutches for most of the time in the 2nd and 3rd week. I have done household stuff, gone shopping, danced (in house) and walked up and down the stairs at least a dozen times a day. Dr. Murphy is the Dr. to go to if you need a hip replacement....you don't have to look any further. The PT nurses that came when I was first home said they were so amazed by Dr. Murphy's patient recovery. I have no restrictions and am looking forward to going back to the gym . Dr. Murphy is excellent!!

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

Possibly the best in the business, A Dartmouth Engineer and Cornell graduate turned surgeon. Dr Murphy is a perfectionist, his mechanical and math background drives his skill in virtually every aspect of hip replacement. My hip was replaced by Dr Murphy in 2006 after forty years of pain from early childhood bone disease. Ice skating two weeks after surgery, back to the gym, jogging and 200 total gym squats per day since. Total mobility, zero pain, and so accustomed to having no limitations I seldom even think about that chunk of Ceramic . In part waiting for Ceramic was a blessing but the grand prize was discovering Dr Murphy. It is now 2017, recently retired at age 68 I have doubled by athletic activities and have yet to find anything my hip can;t handle. Look no further than Dr Murphy.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

I went to Dr. Murphy for a new replacement have to be turned down by four of the surgeons. Because of the trauma I received over the years I was told it was almost impossible to attach a new knee. After examination by Dr. Murphy he said it was probably the worst knee he has ever seen in his 26 is as a surgeon. I now have a new me and I thank the good Lord every day that I was able to find a surgeonwith the knowledge and integrity of Dr. Murphy

flag | Submitted August 14, 2015

Hip replaced August 2014. Back to work in one week. Off crutches and cane in two weeks. Physical therapists are impressed with recovery. Dr. Murphy is excellent at his work. May have to wait 6 months for an appointment but it is worth the wait.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

Botched hip replacement. Constant pain. Does not return calls. Avoid this doctor!!

flag | Submitted October 7, 2014

flag | Submitted August 7, 2014

I had hip pain for 3 years. I researched and found Dr. Murphy. I waited 6 months for the appointment, and 6 months for the surgery. The 6 months before surgery was very painful, and the 3 months before was difficult to walk. I went into surgery with such pain and woke up WITH NONE !! I had No Pain. I was amazed. I had no upset stomach, no loss of appetite, no vomiting. I was in the hospital for 2 1/2 days, and insisted on going to rehab because I live alone. In 21 days I used no walker, cane or crutches. I came home and in another 4 days I was driving. I should tell you that I am 82 years young. I am OVERWHELMINGLY GRATEFUL to Dr. Murphy. Everyday when I'm out, with every step I thank God, every step, and then I thank Him in His wisdom for giving Dr. Murphy the knowledge for this procedure, and being behind the surgeon's hands.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2013

Dr. Murphy is my hero. I limped around for 10 years and was close to being non-mobile. I had a THR since I was missing a hip socket and needed a new fermoral ball. My surgery was 8/14. I have full flexibility in my replaced hip. I am working toward revitalizing the muscles in that hip since they were atrophied after years of inmobility. Dr. Murphy is the BEST. No comparison. As a matter of fact, other surgeons use the hip replacement technique developed by Dr. Murphy. I know because I read every research article that listed Dr. Murphy as an author. Go to youtube and type in Dr. Stephen B Murphy, who also has patents on the instruments he developed for hip surgery. Dr. Murphy is a brilliant surgeon.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2013

Dr. Murphy performed my computer-assisted left hip replacement in December 2012. I had little, but very tolerable levels of pain in the hospital and almost no pain after I returned home after spending less than 2 days in the hospital. Recovery was rapid. I wish that I had known about Dr. Murphy when I had my right hip replaced in 2008 by another surgeon - thankfully this was a completely different experience! Dr Murphy is kind, compassionate, and an expert in his field. Additionally, the office staff are excellent!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2013

Dr. Stephen B. Murphy's Credentials

• Cornell University Medical College (Grad. 1983)

MSP/BC Med