Ratings for Dr. Rex R. Vogan

I worked with him for 2 years for bipolar disorder and he tried to get me to believe I had a personality disorder instead. Would not recommend.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2015

As a wife and adult child of narcissists, I sought help for anxiety. I did not find Dr. Rex to be helpful, though I held out for 2 years, nearly every week. I found him to be invalidating and not genuinely understanding. Not a good thing for a suicidal woman with children and little connections due to being a military wife. I think about it every day, and I finally need to say something.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

I see Dr. Rex for a year now and the changes in my life are proof of his knowledge of his profession. I've been struggling with complicated family issues, depression, ADD-ADHD and major self-esteem issues. After a year, and being only at the beginning of my work with him, I have a whole new view on life in general. I trust him with anything and everything, he's professional, trustworthy, intelligent and tough on me. Doesn't let me fool myself:-) I just can not say enough good about him.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2014

Incredible professional. I am struggling with anxiety, depression, eating issues and generally trusting people. Will not let you get away with denial, lying to yourself. Will help you to step through doors you have never known existed. I agree, probably the best therapist in this area. Highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2013

I saw Dr. Vogan for the better part of a year for Depression and Anxiety. Therapy sessions with him could be challenging because he wouldn't allow me to delude myself or hide from my issues, but he was ALWAYS understanding and compassionate. Working with him made me much better equipped to handle negative emotions and cope with challenges in life effectively. I would recommend him to anyone struggling with similar issues.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2013

He's a good man and a good therapist, by the time we finished I trusted him with my life and we've kept in contact since. I'd highly recommend him to anyone, and have. Therapy takes time and work to be effective, anyone who goes to a few sessions then quits and blames the doctor has an internal issue. Give him a try, he's easily one of the best in Northern Virginia.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2013

I think he can be dangerous in his treatment of people suffering from depression and anxiety, he is simply not educated enough in those areas.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2012

flag | Submitted July 5, 2012

flag | Submitted January 12, 2012

Terrible doctor for depression and/or anxiety. I would NEVER recommend him to someone I cared for.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2011