Ratings for Dr. Mohamed M. Abdulhamid

I can’t express enough in words how fantastic this office is.  I have nothing but the best of comments and gratitude for Dr. A and the entire team.  Professionalism, expertise and “the best in his field,” that is Dr. A.  Because of my first surgery, performed by another surgeon, I was in so much pain my life was no longer what it used to be.  I was on so many pain medications, I was limited and incoherent!  Because of the correctional surgery Dr. A performed, I can now live again!  It has been only three weeks since surgery, but it feels like a year.  I feel so blessed to have had the “A” team.  I can shout from the roof tops of how fantastic Dr. A and Payton, his assistant, have been.  I am telling my story to everyone!

flag | Submitted January 11, 2015

My name is Maria, I am fifty-six years young. I’d had a previous back surgery in 2008. So I was somewhat skeptical of having another. But I had gone from walking with a limp to using a cane, then a walker, and eventually due to losing total control of my right leg, I was forced to a wheelchair. I did not want to live out my life in a wheel chair. Thruout these stages I lived a life of spasms, cramps, pain, shots of electricity that felt like fire shooting down my legs. At times my back felt as if bricks were hanging from it, leaving me unable to move. My pain specialist resorted to injections when the high dose of medication wouldn’t relieve me. It eventually got to the point the injections were no longer alleviating the pain for very long. I resorted to looking for a neurosurgeon that might be able to help me once again with surgery. That was so easy to say, but became almost impossible to do. I was turned away by many surgeons after they evaluated my previous and current case history. By this time I was also being treated for major depression, anxiety and panic disorders. Family and friends, at times were unable to understand why I would or could not attend different gatherings or functions. Life seemed even more difficult, I hated going anywhere and there wasn’t much I wanted to do. I’d had poetry published, I couldn’t enjoy that anymore. We had to downsize to a smaller place, my husband began to have trouble with the upkeep of our large home. Due to our move and losing my primary care physician I began to see another. My PCP automatically referred me to another neurosurgeon. My visit soon sounded the same as the others. Until he stood up and started telling me of his friend, who specialized in the type of severe major surgery I would need. He would set me up to meet with him. I had a glimmer of hope. I prayed all the way to the appointment, my husband rolled me into the office. That is when I met my Dr. Abdulhamid (Dr. A) he had a big smile on his face as he introduced himself and shook my hand. At that moment I lost the stress. As he started speaking to me about my condition, a comforting empathy from him carried me to total ease. I never imagined that this man (my angel) and his staff would return my life to me. Dr. A performed a miracle with the help of his staff. I owe him my life. I have given out his cards every chance I get. Please believe me I could not be happier. I feel as if I had not ever had a surgery at all. Before the completion of my visits the staff became like family to me. They are special in their own right. They always have salutations and smiles for you when you enter the office. They are courteous, helpful and you automatically feel at ease conversing with you. It could because they work with Dr.A, a truly magnificent man. My faith tells me; my move and all brought us to cross paths. I will live and be so thankful for him being so great with his mind and hands. Have no doubts you will be so fortunate to have him as your neurosurgeon, the greatest neurosurgeon I believe you could possibly have met.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

Worst medical experience of my life. At my initial visit, Dr. Abdulhamid stated he could schedule the surgery in about 3 weeks, I ended up waiting in excruciating pain for almost 2 months, and 3 trips to the emergency room, the final one by ambulance, I was treated within a few days by a different and wonderful surgeon and my pain was finally relieved. Dr. Abdulhamid caused me to suffer beyond what was humane, stating that until my back pain was under control, he couldn't operate. I suffered so long that I was finally immobile and in a true emergency situation. His staff was disrespectful and appeared to make up stories about why I wasn't being scheduled for surgery, that the Dr. needed a 6 hour time block for my surgery and he couldn't do it right away for that reason. On my second visit to the emergency room, my husband took me to JC Lincoln Emergency room and I was hospitalized there for 3 days. It was there that Dr. Abdulhamid claimed that until the pain was under control, he wouldn't operate. The pain was uncontrollable by then. Finally they scheduled me for July 2nd. A few days before that date, they called and cancelled the surgery because they claimed that it interfered with the 4th of July holiday and then wanted to schedule me for the 9th of July. Shortly thereafter I ended up collapsing and rushed to Scottsdale North by ambulance, where they arranged for me to have emergency surgery with a wonderful surgeon, Dr. Nima Salari on July 1st, from Desert Institute for Spine Care ( DISC). My life is now turned around, the pain is gone and I am very pleased with the outcome, which was just L4/5 and a 1 1/2 hr. surgery. I am very lucky that I didn't undergo surgery L4-L7 by Dr. Abdulhamid.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2014

Dr. Mohamed M. Abdulhamid's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.