Ratings for Dr. Andrew M. Heiner

I went to see Dr. Heiner in my 20's. I went to see him again 12 years later, he was very helpful and his staff was very friendly. He was helpful and listened to my concerns.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

He is playing with my medication. I needed 30 pills of prednisone 5 mg.which I need for ulcerative colitis which I have for 21 years and have been asking to change my prescription from 15 pills 5 mg to 30 pills for weeks. They finally changed my prescription to 30 pills but 2 1/2 mg. instead of the 5 mg I need. They are playing with my health and I am ready to have a nervous breakdown from getting medication I need to keep healthy and by not giving me the amount and dose I need I am going to get sick.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2014

Dr. Heiner was excellent! The nurse and staff rock too!

flag | Submitted January 24, 2013

Very good. Takes the time to listen and explain things to you. He could tell I was worried and addressed those issues first things. Been to him twice and have a lot of confidence in him.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2012

He saw a family member on whom he suggested doing a colonoscopy without ever even having first done a rectal exam. Later he ushered us into a room, making it seem he was going to continue talking to us there - but then he just walked on down the hall and out the door. I don't know if he is knowledgeable or not - but due to the above we now feel we cannot trust him so we will go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2009

I recently went in for my first colonoscopy. I was treated very warmly by everybody in his office. Before I was put to sleep, Dr. Heiner talked with me - - I was very impressed with him. When I woke up, he needed to tell me that I had some colon cancer. Before that, he had already telephoned a good surgeon who had an office across the street, and Dr. Heiner asked him to see me immediately. He had bad news for me, but he was knowledgable and I knew that he knew what he was talking about. Because of his info and help, I had surgery a few days later, and everything was caught in time. In my opinion, an excellent doctor!!!

flag | Submitted June 4, 2008

Dr. Andrew M. Heiner's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1987)