Ratings for Dr. Melissa B. Jorden

I have read the other reviews and am surprised They had a bad experience. I have lived with chronic pain most of my life. I find Dr. Jorden to be very friendly, competent, knowledgeable and extremely caring. I would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2017

This Dr. does not have a clue how to treat or diagnose changing chronic pain. She does not work well with other physicians on your team. I have had 3 neck surgeries in less than 2 years and have issues at multiple levels in the spine. My neurosurgeon has dx peripheral nerve damage along with several new spine diseases and even after reading all of my test results would not change my meds. When I told her that the current meds were not working she said that should be and she is not interested in changing. She wanted me to start with injections again after the previous 75 did nothing. I believe she is only interested in procedural medicine and feels that anyone saying the prescribed oral meds aren't working is a drug seeker and made to feel as such. One of the worst doctors I have ever met.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2014

Her treatment choices seem to be centered more on her needs than those of the patient. Her follow up is zero even when she has prescribed a known potentially serious drug, even when she was contacted with information on issues surrounding this drug. I felt fine for a couple of weeks on this medicine. The first time I drove, I made sure I did not increase my dosage as per the titration schedule the day before and the day I drove and still passed out behind the wheel. She prescribed this med to avoid prescribing the med I had used successfully for twenty years in order to protect her own self interests regardless of how it effected mine. She also communicates and explains reasons for treatment poorly.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2014

I have had injections in the past. She hurt me very badly. My friend warned me to go to another pain doctor that she goes to, but I was referred to Melissa Jorden by my family physician. She is not very good. I do not think she is well qualified. She must not have appropriate training. She is not a MD. She is a DO, an osteopathic doctor. Now I am seeing another doctor and he has helped me so much with my pain. The only drawback with my new doctor is I have to wait sometimes for an hour to see him. I would not reccommend her at all.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2010

Dr. Melissa B. Jorden's Credentials

• Lake Erie College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 2003)