Ratings for Dr. David C. Herz

I have brought our 3 children to Dr Herz for the past six years. He has been in practice for many years, so he really knows about children and how to diagnose and treat their illnesses and how to keep them healthy. He is very interested in preventative medicine. After prescribing a medication, he explains why he is using that medication and what the possible side effects are. He encourages me to call him if I have any concerns. My children like him because he is very caring. If my kids are sick, we can get an appointment with him that day, almost always. We are glad we found Dr. Herz.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2015

As a registered nurse with a Master's in Adult Critical Care/ER Trauma, I confidently recommend Dr. Herz as a provider who is extremely knowledgeable, experienced and thorough. I would prefer an experienced provider versus a friendly one who lacks expertise. I have sought routine and urgent care for my three children and he has been clinically asutute at both. He lacks bedside manner in that he has a flat affect and gets right down to business. Again, I will gladly sacrifice niceties for expertise. He is not amenable to alternate immunization schedules and is clearly frustrated when we don't comply with recommended guidelines- but he writes the order and lets us determine what and when we will get it. My children have no issues with him.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2013

My children's pediatrician recently retired. I chose Dr. Herz from the same group of doctors. Dr. Herz diagnosed my son's wheezing as asthma at 11 yrs old. I feel comfortable that he read the file, asked questions, and was thoughtful before drawing a conclusion. He quickly responded with a second prescription for school and filled out the school's paperwork promptly (we had the option for a second prescription at the office, but wanted to see what insurance covered). Other parents might have felt uncomfortable with his demeanor, but personalities should be taken into account as well as not everyone has a good day everyday! Your child's health and well being are your most important concern, right?

flag | Submitted August 10, 2012

My kids have been seeing Dr. Herz for the past seven years. He always makes me feel comfortable because he knows how to listen. He takes his time to answer all of our questions no matter how basic they may be. He really wants to help kids and is puzzled when some parents do not want to help their children by giving immunizations.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2012

Rude. Gave me the "you're so stupid for asking" look when my husband & I had concerns about vaccines. This was the second time we had seen him & Do NOT recommend this doctor as we will not be going back to him. Bummer too because the nurses were really nice to our son.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2012

Always takes his time and answers all our questions. Ecourages our kids to aspire to great things. Very careful and conservative with prescriptions. Gentle and sensitive. Many years of experience and really knows what he is doing.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2012

We have taken our three children to Dr. Herz for the last twelve years. He is always very patient and explains things in an understandable way. He remembers the medical histories ou our children. One of our kids was born with a heart problem. Since Dr. Herz took special training in newborn medicine, he knew right away what my son needed. He telephoned the cardiologist and we had an appointment the next day, even though the cardiologists's receptionist said they had no openings for two months. Dr. Herz never treats me like I am stupid or unknowlegeable. He always treats my concerns with the utmost of respect.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2011

I have had to settle for this Dr when my own Dr has been unavailable and I will not see him again. His manner is extremely brash and he did not show any interest in my family. He mentions on the Scripps website that the best way to care for patients is to care for them. In my experience, this statement is 100% false. I would not recommend this physician.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2011

Dr. David C. Herz's Credentials

• Univ Of Ct Sch Of Med, Farmington Ct 06032 (Grad. 1980)