Ratings for Dr. Asha Gandhi

I had the opportunity to see Dr. Gandhi when she was filling in for my OBGYN while she was on vacation. I am grateful that happened. My OBGYN continually told me that my bleeding every day was ok and nothing to be alarmed about. The bleeding was so bad I made an emergency appointment and that is when I seen Dr. Gandhi. By the end of the week I had laser surgery and my uterus had to be cartarized due to massive fibroids. I never stopped seeing her and will always see her until she is no longer practicing. Her knowledge and heart was a life saver. She is a blunt and to the point but I rather have that then someone sugar coat my faults or ailments. May God continue to bless Dr. Gandhi and her work!

flag | Submitted June 4, 2018

Had a horrible experience with this women. She.walked in the room and told me that I had gained ten pounds since she last saw me and that I was too fat, her exact words. I told her I wasn't sexually active and she put the wrong size speculum inside of me twice as I told her that she was hurting me. She then told me that my fat is what was causing me pain, mind you she hadn't even put lube on the speculum either. Then she finally switches it out and puts the correct one in with lube and is doing it so roughly still that she is hurting me but doesn't care. She then takes it out and tell me to go on a diet and give me a new script for birth control. I hope nobody goes to this womens office because she is not only the worst doctor I've even been too bur she has no bedside manner or care for her paitents.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2017

Waiting is long. The doctor will just see you for 5 mins rushing. No clear answers to questions.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015

my experience with this Dr she was very rude rushed my appointment acted as though she could care less about my pregnancy. she broke my water 2 weeks. before the due date never told me why or even that she was about to do it. the staff was extremely rude discuss your personal business so loudly the whole lobby could hear . just rude unfriendly not polite . They dont value patients at all what so ever!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

I've been seeing Dr gandhi for 3 years now. Not very personable. She never really pays close attention. All my visits were rushed ornseen by her nurse. When it can time to give birth she never asked if I wanted to be cut, never let one of my three family members cut the umbilical cord. The internet was my best friend to find out information. I used to spend an hour in the waiting room and another 30 45 mins waiting in the room.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

My last appointment on 10/12/12 when I had gone there with my husband after a home pregnancy test came out positive plus I had cramping & soreness in my right breast. Dr. Ghandi had just entered into the room and was about to perform a pelvic exam when her Office Manager stormed the room and told her she had a delivery at Condell she needed to get to. Dr. Ghandi rushing out of the room told me that I was about 6 weeks along, it was normal to have cramping and for my breasts to hurt the way they did without being THOROUGH...leaving the room and the DOOR to my room WIDE OPEN while I was partially nude on the table! My husband got up to shut the door! I ended up seeking another OBGYN's opinion, found out I was in the middle of a miscarriage that I had a cyst in my right breast that needed to be address ALL undetected by Dr. Ghandi, however I am getting collection calls regarding a $107 balance my insurance did not cover! Charge a consumer for services performed, worst experience ever!

flag | Submitted April 27, 2013

I agree with a previous comment on a focus of money. You have to be seen just for some results that take 5 mins and pay copayment. Very long wait in waiting room. Long wait in room, then short visit with doctor. No one seems genuinely personable. I am looking in to switching to Dr. Carmen Woods. Very clean, nice, smart and attentive.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2013

I'm new to Illinois and Dr. Asha Ghandi was the first doctor I tried. Receptionist was nice, but felt very rushed by the docter. Didn't feel like she was truly listening to my concerns either. She did a test on me and shoved the speculum in without warning and without lube! I was hurting for hours after the appointment and that's never happened to me before! Then, she prescribed me a medicine without seeing my rest results. I found out 3 months later that I had the complete opposite! I would have known sooner, but everytime I called the office, I was told to call back. I called about 7 times. Seriously the worst experience I've ever had with a gyno appointment EVER. Find a different docter!!

flag | Submitted January 24, 2012

Great Dr, very down-to-earth and caring, takes time and listens.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2011

I made an initial appointment after I found out I was pregnant. Dr Gandhi did not make me feel comfortable and so I ended up changing doctors and I am very happy that I did that.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2009

Dr. Asha Gandhi's Credentials

• Lady Hardinge Med Coll, Univ Of Delhi, New Delhi, Delhi, India (Grad. 1968)

Beechstreet