Ratings for Dr. Joshua G. Bales

Back in January I severely fractured my left wrist into 14 different pieces. My Ulna and Radius bones had inched their way up and almost over my fingers, and my wrist was completely deformed. X-rays showed bone fragments all over my hand and wrist, and all the little bones that connect the Ulna and Radius were shattered. I had never broken a bone before, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I just knew that the ER immediately referred me to NW Orthopedic and I was lucky enough to get Dr. Joshua Bales. I was still in quite a bit of shock and, I know it sounds silly, but I was feeling like my wrist would never go back to the way it was. It looked so horrendous, I just had no confidence that anyone could REALLY fix it. Dr. Bales came in and pulled up my x-rays, and the way he spoke to me completely changed the atmosphere of the room. He'd knowledged how bad it was and how immediate the need to fix it was. But he did it in a way that was oddly calming. It was almost like when you watch Grey's Anatomy, and the doctors see a really gnarly surgery come in, and they all want in on it because it's fun for them to get to prove themselves with the challenge. He had complete confidence in himself. The reassurance he gave me, combined with his shameless enthusiasm and eagerness, completely changed my whole attitude. All of a sudden, I was excited for him to get started lol. He took me into surgery that day, put a plate and eight screws in wrist/arm, did tons of follow ups, was available at my beck and call, gave me completely accurate progress timelines, and in three months he took all the hardware out. At our last follow up he even asked if he could send my before and after x-rays to his mentor, because "he is going to love to see how good I am." Lol This guy is a rockstar. I cannot recommend him enough. Like, if they made Dr. Bales t-shirts, I'd wear them.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Dr. Joshua G. Bales's Credentials

• Tulane University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2006)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Richland, WA