Ratings for Dr. Daniel S. Yanni

I would like to start with a little background...unfortunately I have had my share of medical challenges: 14 knee surgeries (TKR on one), over 50% of my colon removed, both shoulders have been reworked, double hernia surgery and a few fainting spells just to name a few. With that said I have had my fair share of doctor relations. Mostly fair to good, but without a doubt Dr. Yanni has been the first to inspire me to take such a pause in my daily routine to write a review in this fashion. Without going into my personal drama anymore than I already have just know I went into the ER complaining of right leg pain and was losing the ability to lift my leg more than a few inches off the ground. MRI found a mass on my lumbar spine that needed to be removed. Freaked with the news (given to me by the ER doctor who said I needed to talk to the surgeon) I sat there, with my wife, wondering how can this be (really more like...not another surgery for crying out loud). I don't know how I can explain what happened next: Dr. Yanni walked into my room and everything seemed to slow down (in a good way...mind racing and all) and this feeling of confidence exuded from Dr. Yanni devoid of any arrogance! He very simply explained my situation and informed me how he could help. Nothing pushy, black or white...just calmly breaking down the situation and then giving me my options. Without being forced or coerced in anyway, his calming good nature and somewhat demiurge character made me feel relaxed and at ease with my predicament. Without being rushed Dr. Yanni sat there with my wife and I giving us the attention we needed to be informed and prepared for such a decision. In the end, thinking back, it was Dr. Yanni's poetic stature and his soft spoken demeanor mixed in with his unyielding confidence that had me from the very start. Well informed and feeling like this doctor could do no wrong I am so pleased to announce that I put my spine and future in Dr. Yanni' gifted hands. Just hours after my surgery my leg had regained its freedom and was eager to have me up on my feet walking on my own the very next day. Jumping ahead to my first post surgery appointment, sitting in the front lobby, I overheard Dr. Yanni talking with his receptionist outside of view...just hearing his voice brought me back to that peaceful place again pondering how impactful one doctor could be with this 49 year old skeptic. Forever grateful our paths crossed when they did...I stand today grateful and blessed for the wonders of Dr. Yanni!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2018

flag | Submitted February 20, 2018

Dr. Yanni is an outstanding surgeon. His knowledge, mannerism and diagnosis skills are the most thorough I have seen. The way he makes sure, you are included in all aspects of the diagnosis and how he explains what your options are is by far the best I have ever seen. With his guidance, you know what you are getting into. It has been almost a year since my surgery with Dr. Yanni and no complications what so ever. The follow up appointments are also very important because he lets you know where you are in your recovery and if you are on track. Nevertheless, a good doctor needs support staff and the staff at Disc Comfort, Inc. is the most professional, supportive, knowledgeable office staff I have had the pleasure to work with. If you are looking for a Neurosurgeon or spine surgeon, I highly recommend Dr. Daniel Yanni. Steve Ely

flag | Submitted January 25, 2018

Dr. Daniel S. Yanni's Credentials

• University Of California, San Diego School Of Medicine (Grad. 2003)

Secure Horizons