Ratings for Dr. Carl R. Sullivan

I am a patient of Dr. Sullivan's at Chestnut Ridge Hospital in Morgantown, WV. I have been seeing him weekly since putting myself into detox for narcotics addiciton in June. He seriously knows his business and understands people like me, as addicts. He is well informed and in turn passes his knowledge to those of us willing to hear it and utilize it. He has helped save my life along with the wonderful staff at C. Ridge. He has been kind and caring and he is frank and honest. He is also tough on us, but not in a bad or cruel way. He just has guidelines and rules and expects us to adhere to them. Some do and get better, like myself, and some don't and choose to go back out and use. I have nothing but highest regards and praise for Dr. Sullivan and all those along with him who offer insight and true help. I am alive today because of these people. I am now almost 4 months clean and sober! YAY for me but the thanks goes to Dr. Sullivan and Dr. Berry in particular. With kindest regards, Stacy Bernoski

flag | Submitted October 24, 2008

flag | Submitted November 29, 2007

Only go to Dr. Sullivan if you want to be on Soboxon for the rest of your life. He doesn't understand that addicts don't need yet another drug, we need to be OFF drugs.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2006

Dr. Sullivan heads the unit for people who have both substance abuse and psychological problems, but hates addicts and denies the existence of many mental disorders. He claimed that patient problems (schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, anxiety disorders) where unimportant compared to substance abuse, and implied on several occasions that I might have been pretending to suffer from Bipolar disorder as an excuse to drink. He is dismissive, unpleasant, and confrontational to patients (including disparaging their appearance and aspirations). He is evasive and obscurantist when discussing medications, and is a relentless proselytizer; he does not acknowlesge ANY treatment options other than faith based 12 step programs, and blames their frequent failure on the patients. During my stay I kept extensive note on his many ignorant, confrontational, and baffling utterances and concluded that he is a smug and mean-spirited man who dislikes his patients. Avoid at all costs.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2006

Dr. Carl R. Sullivan's Credentials

• West Virginia University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)

Assurant