Ratings for Dr. Howard Ginsberg

I am two weeks out from a TLIF performed by Dr Ginsberg. I can’t say thank you enough for the relief you have given me. Being the second surgery in two years the first being a microdiscectomy I do believe this was the correct course of action and Dr Ginsberg was very informative prior to the surgery. My back pain and sciatica is completely gone and I feel Stonger day by day. Again thank you so much Dr Ginsberg you and your team are truly amazing.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2018

I had a back fusion operation carried out by Dr. Ginsberg and his residents at St. Mike's Hospital in 2008. My condition in the lower back in the L and S disc zone was serious enough to affect my work as geologist and professor at York University, Toronto, such that if not corrected I likely would have ended up in a wheelchair. The operation was unduly long with complications and i was out on a ventilator for nearly 20 odd hours, all competently handled by Dr. Ginsberg. Prior to my operation, I asked Dr. Ginsberg about his thesis, that guiding my decision to sign on with him. When I learned about his research on complications with brain stents convinced me he was the surgeon to carry out the operation. One evaluation listed here of Dr. Ginsberg, citing him as a genius, while an evaluation he might not agree with, is not far from the mark. I have had 10 years after operation in good health and with my back fine tuned to allow me to carry out my professional work. I would rate Dr. Ginsberg and his residents as first class. You need only to see him reacting with his interns to understand what an effective medical practitioner he really is. Professor Bill Mahaney, York U., Toronto.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2018

All I can say about Dr Ginsberg is that he is a Genious! Best surgeon anyone can ask for. Was surprised he saw me quickly after submitting my MRI. His intern came in during my consult and let me tell you - amazing! So caring and thorough. I truly hope after his training time St Mike’s keeps him on. A true asset to this hospital. So had consult. Dr Ginsberg suggested surgery to alleviate my pain. Saw hom Jan 8th and was booked for Feb 9th for surgery. That was incredible. Its been 6 days now post-op. Feeling a bit better but need 8 weeks to recover. Will see Dr G. March 26. Once again if you have an option to see Dr G. then you will be getting the best of the best. His admin assistant Chris also impressed me big time. You call his office and he actually answers the phone. He is the nicest person you will ever come across. His compassion and caring is beyond words. And all this from an assistant is very very rare. Chris - thank you for all your help! Once again Dr G and his intern and all his staff from nurses to especially the anestetic Dr, absolutely amazing. Compassion goes a long way to helping people heal. Thank you Dr Ginsberg and all your wonderful staff for being the person you are and making people’s lives so much better Cheers! Sasha-Rose Dileo

flag | Submitted February 15, 2018

Waited a while to see him, but truly glad I waited. Post op 6 months now and back to my "normal" life. Great staff, throughout my time at the hospital. Felt like i was in good hands from day one, and would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2018

Didn’t have surgery with Dr Ginsberg as he suggested conservative management and ideally some weight loss, which maybe I needed to actually here from someone other than my family doc. Fast forward and I’m 25 lbs healthier and no longer need surgery!

flag | Submitted February 13, 2018

Dr. Ginsberg is a remarkable surgeon and a very fine person. He repaired a spinal fracture that I had been living with for nearly 40 years. During my 6 month post-surgery appointment, he reviewed my pre- and post-surgery medical imaging with the resident who is training with him. He actively sought her opinion and shared his expertise with her. He also took the time to review matters with me and issued a discharge that reflects the quality of his work. At the top of his field, Dr. Ginsberg has clearly earned the solid reputation for which he is well known.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2018

Dr Ginsberg is a brilliant surgeon; dedicated to his profession and worth his weight in gold....now, if we could clone him!!!

flag | Submitted December 6, 2017

Dr. Ginsberg is a remarkable surgeon. I had a laminectomy /discectomy in April 2017. My pain has finally been alleviated after 3 years. Best care by all of the staff post op at St. Michaels.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2017

I literally snapped my spine in half and he's got me running jumping and back in construction after not even a year. the man's a god. Casey Berry

flag | Submitted October 15, 2017

Dr Ginsberg did my C4 to C7 cervical laminectomy and fusion in June of this year. I'm still recovering and still have a follow up appointment with him. He's very knowledgeable and had great bedside manners . He'll explain everything and answer all your questions. Even though he was busy the day of clinic he took the time to explain my options for the surgery and the best route to take. Definitely recommend him especially after doing my research and consulting with 2 other neurosurgeons.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2017