Ratings for Dr. Scott E. Lipson

Dr. Scott Lipson is possibly the most most inept doctor I have ever gone to. I went to him seeking a diagnosis for hand and leg tremors. After a short examination which included manipulating my arms he asked me to walk down his hall and back. It was at this point he told me I was suffering from the early stages of Parkinson's Disease, basing this largely on the fact he claimed my right arm didn't swing when I walked. He sent me out the door with a prescription for Dopamine. He NEVER suggested any tests to check for other diseases and there are many that have the same symptoms as I was suffering. He was totally WRONG about my right arm swinging. When I left his office, it was swinging just fine. Luckily I went to another neurologist and after running numerous tests, an MRI and CT scans it was determined my tremors are caused by a thyroid condition. Thats a far cry from Parkinson's Disease! I definitely WOULD NOT recommend Dr. Lipson to anyone!,,, Not if they want a correct diagnosis.!

flag | Submitted September 4, 2014

He's young, but he's good. Took my mom into see him after she had been to numerous other docs to find out about a pain she had been having in her left cheek bone. All of the other docs had blown it off as no big deal (she's 83). Dr. Lipson listened to what she had to say, examined her, reviewed previous test results and was able to diagnose the problem. He was extremely polite and knowledgeable and didn't talk down to either of us. I highly recommend this doctor, he will have a long career in front of him.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2010

Dr. Scott E. Lipson's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2004)

Top Hospitals in Hazel Crest, IL