Dr. Benjamin L. Torrez

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Benjamin L. Torrez

Very professional, caring and was interested n answering all questions.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

En route Arizona during first 12 days following surgery in Waterloo, I noticed that 1 of 2 pins rotated between bandage changes. Since I had no problems or pain, I would not have returned to Dr. Torrez prior to his suggested "2 week checkup" whether I was in Waterloo, Arizona or on the moon! Weeks later 3 Phoenix hand surgeons consulted and said my distal fingertip bone was highly likely infected by that loose pin during the first few days after surgery, not by subsequent infections: Dr. Torrez's post op instructions said not to soak the finger or get it wet. A hard orange collar we thought was a plaster cast meant to hold the pins in place should have been removed on the first bandage change. On the 14th day I soaked it off my now swollen finger to find infected, unmentioned non-dissolving stitches.

Submitted June 14, 2017

Dr. Benjamin L. Torrez

Dr. Benjamin L. Torrez's response
Thank you for taking time to post a review, Denny. We are interested in learning more about your experience. Because we are very dedicated to our patients and their health, we would like the opportunity to speak with you regarding this matter. Please contact our office so we may follow up and see if there is anything additional we can do for you. Again, thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Feedback like this allows us to improve our service and better serve our patients.

Submitted September 5, 2017

Very professional & knowledgeable! He did a great job explaining the results of my X-Ray & MRI.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

Sweetest doctor. Very caring, knowledgeable. Glad we picked him to do the surgeryđź‘Ť

flag | Submitted March 24, 2017

My procedure went very smoothly . I would highly recommend DrTorrez!

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

A really great doctor. Could not have had a better outcome I would rate 15 on a scale 1 to 10!

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

dr. torrez really helped me. im back doing every thing i used to do. i did my therapy at the end of medical park. thanks to all who helped. jerry condon

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

Great experience. Was very kind and extremely helpful

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

Excellent service. Listens to his patients. Very particular about the delivery of the care of his patints.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

Dr. Benjamin L. Torrez's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Benjamin Torrez, orthopedic surgeon in Waterloo, Iowa specializes in complete orthopedic surgical care. This includes total knee and hip replacement surgery, shoulder surgery, rotator cuff repair, ACL reconstruction, and more. As a member of several professional orthopedic organizations including the American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics and the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, Dr. Torrez has extensive training in correcting trauma-related complications. Dr. Torrez provides orthopedic surgery and post-op care at his primary office at United Medical Park in Waterloo, Iowa, as well as the Buchanan County Health Center in Independence, Iowa and Unity Point Clinic in Cedar Falls, Iowa. To schedule an appointment, contact Dr Torrez’s office at (319) 833-5922.

• Michigan State University (Grad. 2013)
  • Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences (Grad. 2008)
  • University of Iowa (Grad. 2004)

• Knee replacement