Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Benjamin L. Torrez

I would recommend Dr. Torrez to anyone that needs a orthopedic doctor. The staff was very welcoming and very knowledgeable about everything.

Submitted December 5, 2017

Dr. Benjamin L. Torrez's response
Thank you for your review! I'm glad your experience was satisfactory. I look forward to seeing you again.

Submitted December 12, 2017

Dr. Torrez is an awesome Dr. I would highly recommend him to everyone. He is always happy and the staff that work with him are the greatest.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2017

Submitted December 12, 2017

Staff is very friendly. I had to reschedule surgery with ease. Dr. Torres spent as much time I needed to understand the issues with my knee.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2017

Submitted December 12, 2017

Dr. Torrez was very friendly and took the time to listen to me. Answered any questions that I had and was very informational about my injury.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2017

Submitted December 12, 2017

Dr. Torrez is very caring, friendly and approachable. He explained all my options regarding a needed knee replacement (someday) and has given me alternative treatment to delay that surgery which has worked quite well for over a year. As I have known Dr. Torrez since he was in elementary school, I was a little apprehensive about my first visit. However, Dr. Torrez is very professional, knowledgeable and caring and put me and my husband at ease very quickly. Dr. Torrez also performed surgery on my right hand for carpal tunnel and for a 'trigger finger' and my hand is 100% now. Dr. Torrez sent me to physical therapy after the surgery which helped regain my strength very quickly. I would recommend him to everyone.

Dr. Benjamin L. Torrez's response
Thank you for your review! I'm glad your experience was satisfactory, and thank you for trusting me with your care. I look forward to seeing you again!

Submitted December 12, 2017

Dr Torrez is the sweetest doctor!!! Very approachable, and courteous... even the most painful surgery doesn't hurt as bad because of his caring way of doing it!! And Elizabeth, she is just gorgeous and awesome! She even asked me about my family and grandson!!! Definitely will recommend them to everyone!!!☺️

Submitted December 12, 2017

very caring and made sure I was going to be normal again

Submitted December 12, 2017

Super FANTASTIC doctor! Takes time to actually LISTEN. That is probably why punctuality is the only thing that is scored lower. Even when I see Dr. Torrez outside of the office, he asks me how I'm doing and remembers my case in detail. His staff is also excellent; especially Nurse Jackie! Both Dr. Torrez and Nurse Jackie always have a smile on their face and have their patients best interests in mind.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

Submitted December 12, 2017

Very professional and kind. Always willing to listen and takes the time to answer questions.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

Very professional, caring and was interested n answering all questions.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Dr. Benjamin L. Torrez's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Benjamin Torrez, orthopedic surgeon in Waterloo, Iowa specializes in complete orthopedic surgical care. This includes total knee and hip replacement surgery, shoulder surgery, rotator cuff repair, ACL reconstruction, and more. As a member of several professional orthopedic organizations including the American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics and the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, Dr. Torrez has extensive training in correcting trauma-related complications. Dr. Torrez provides orthopedic surgery and post-op care at his primary office at United Medical Park in Waterloo, Iowa, as well as the Buchanan County Health Center in Independence, Iowa and Unity Point Clinic in Cedar Falls, Iowa. To schedule an appointment, contact Dr Torrez’s office at (319) 833-5922.

• Michigan State University (Grad. 2013)
  • Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences (Grad. 2008)
  • University of Iowa (Grad. 2004)

• Knee replacement