Ratings for Dr. Michael S. Oberschneider

Dr. Oberschneider was selected by our judge to be our custody evaluator. The attorneys offered six names (three each), and our judge chose Dr. Oberschneider saying that he is "excellent" and that he has been in his court room many times. It was also comforting to know that both attorneys (mine and my ex's) have worked with Dr. Oberschneider on many cases like ours. I am so pleased with Dr. Oberschneider's work. He thoroughly evaluated our toxic co parenting relationship and was able to come to the correct conclusions for our children. I don't agree with everything he recommended (like my having to spend some time with my ex-husband in the presence of our children during visitation pick ups and drop offs), but it's probably all good for our kids. If you ever have to do a custody evaluator, I give Dr. Oberschneider 5 stars. His staff was also outstanding. Thank you!!!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

Thanks Dr. O and APPS for all that you've done for us. We are so grateful for your caring and for your excellent treatment.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2017

Dr. Mike is as good as they say he is...and better! Within a short period of time, he helped my son with his depression and pot smoking. His associate, Dr. Al Jerome, is a master psychologist when it comes to anxiety and panic treatment. I also saw Dr. Jerome for a short time, and my anxiety and panic is practically gone! Thanks guys!!! You guys are doing therapy the way it's supposed to be done!

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

Dr. Mike, Thank you thank you thank you a million times over for you kind efforts in supporting and helping Ryan M. It's unbelievable that in today's world a summer camp doesn't get autism. You went beyond your role as Ryan's therapist to go to the camp to educate them on autism and to help them figure out ways to support him better so that he can have a great summer! Dr. Mike, namaste to you and your family; from my heart to yours for all that you have done for Ryan and our family. See you next week!!!!

flag | Submitted July 22, 2017

No nonsense let's get to work and fix things shrink I've ever worked with. Went in with a clear parenting problem and left with clear solutions! Great practice!!!! And I didn't spend a ton of money or time in therapy to get what I needed!!!!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Dr. O has been fantastic for us in so many ways!!! He saved our marriage and our family from complete and utter destruction! Seriously smart doctor with a very caring and kind manner. He listens and advises well; some people have the "it" factor and some people don't and Dr. O definitely has "it" as a psychologist and therapist. We got more out of him in four sessions than we did our previous couple's therapist after two years of weekly therapy sessions. Seriously! He also seems to know all of the other great professionals in Northern Virginia and has helped us in so many other ways with referrals to address our other needs. Thanks Dr. O and we'll see you next week.! SK

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

Thanks for coming to Jack's IEP meeting last minute. Dr. Mike Rodgriguez was right. You are such a caring and good psychologist.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2017

Dr. Mike, We haven't seen you for counseling in awhile, but I want to thank you for yesterday's phone call and for allowing us to check in with you as needed from time to time with this postive review. You truly did save our family when we needed saving most, and my husband and I can't thank you enough for that. I don't know where we would be if we didn't find you after Ryan's sprial out of control. You were right that Ryan was the "identified problem" in the family but that the family dynamic was the real problem, and we as parents, were also responsible for the problem and the correction. To this day, we still use the pyrimad, and with great success!!! Anyway, thank you so much, and it's nice to know that you are always a phone call away for the smaller issues that arise. We are writing this to thank you for your excellent care and treatment, and we are also writing if for parents who are struggling with their teen and are in need of a psychologist. Hope you have a great Summer!

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

Dr. O has done so much for me and our family. Our kids love their fidget spinners!!! From chaos to calm in just 5 weeks thanks to Dr. O!!! Congrats to on the USA Today column and the new children's book!!! RO and KO.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

This practice did a great job to help for our son and for ourselves as a couple. I''ve already recommended them to many people we know. Top notch team and top notch administrative staff. Their office manager Christine Kutt has been nothing short of outstanding with insurance and scheduling. Nothing but great things to see about these guys. Thank you for eveything!!!!

flag | Submitted April 8, 2017

Dr. Michael S. Oberschneider's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Michael Oberschneider is a highly accredited clinical psychologist and the founder of Ashburn Psychological and Psychiatric Services. Dr. Oberschneider has spent the past 12 years working as a psychologist in a variety of capacities with children, adolescents and adults. Dr. Oberschneider has practiced as a staff psychologist at an in-patient hospital unit, the United States Justice Department, the City of Alexandria (Youth and Family Services) and in private practice. Dr. Obeschneider is also a Nationally Certified Custody Evaluator and a Nationally Certified Parenting Coordinator, and he works closely with couples who are separating and divorcing. Dr. Oberschneider has published several articles in prestigious academic journals including: Clinical Child Psychiatry and Psychology, the Archives of Sexual Behavior, and the Bulletin of the Menninger Clinic. Dr. Oberschneider has also written numerous articles as a mental health expert for several newspapers, including the Washington Post. Dr. Oberschneider has been featured on CNN Nightly News, Good Morning America, NPR, News Channel 8, as well as other media spots, as a mental health expert. He has presented at national conventions, such as the American Psychological Association, Division 39, Annual Meeting, and he has received honorary awards for his published work. Dr. Oberschneider is frequently invited to present on various mental health topics by local and national agencies and organizations. Dr. Oberschneider received additional psychotherapy and assessment training at the following locations: Children’s National Medical Center, The DC Superior Courts, Howard University Counseling Center, the Speech and Language Center of Northern Virginia, the Center Clinic of the George Washington University, the N Street Village Residential Facility, the Baltimore Washington Center of Psychoanalysis and the Pennsylvania Center of Psychoanalysis. In 2009, Dr. Oberschneider was awarded the esteemed “Top Psychologist” ranking in the Washingtonian Magazine for his outstanding work with children and adolescents. Dr. Oberschneider is the only clinical psychologist in all of Loudoun County to receive this honor. In 2014, Ashburn Psychological and Psychiatric Services was awarded the Loudoun Times Mirror Readers Choice Award.

• George Washington University (Grad. 2002)
  • Northwestern University (Grad. 1994)

• Psychotherapy

• The Washingtonian Magazine, "Top Therapist," 2009
  • Loudoun Times Mirror Readers Choice 2014 Winner

• Dr. Michael Oberschneider has been featured on CNN, Good Morning America and other popular media spots as a mental health expert.