Ratings for Dr. Linda Najjar

I had a terrible experience. After seeing her once a week for a few months, I quit and have been afraid to see a therapist ever since. It seems she is really good at "listening attentively", but really bad at anything else: facilitating insight, suggesting coping skills, or even demonstrating that she actually understands anything she's listening to. At one point, I asked if we could talk about our client-therapist relationship. I told her I think she has a good heart and actually wants to help me, but that she'd said a number of things that hurt and offended me. As a result, I trusted her less and was shutting down in therapy. She asked for specifics and I gave them to her. She didn't apologize for anything, acknowledge any possible misunderstanding, or even validate the fact that I was hurting. She went strait into a monologue about how the entire problem was 100% my fault because I'm such a bad client. So immature and unprofessional. STAY AWAY---GO SEE A DIFFERENT THERAPIST.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

Warm and compassionate but still honest. I believe she truly wants to help people.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2011

She was kind and caring, but always expected me to come up with things to discuss. She gave tips, but no keys to my treatment. I felt I had to lead the entire appointment with her asking sporadic questions. It wasn't very productive. The appointments only last about 40-45 minutes (most therapists give you a full hour). She is extremely professional and listened, I didn't get a great feeling from her. She seemed very concerned about co-pay and insurance, which definitely didn't make me feel confident.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2011