Ratings for Dr. John N. Govostes

Dr. Govostes did an esthetic gum lengthening procedure for me and I couldn't have asked for better results. I had a very "gummy" smile before and was apprehensive to smile. I actually take pride in showing people the before and after photos because of how much more esthetically pleasing my teeth look now. I highly recommend Dr. Govostes for any perio needs.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

John Govostes changed my attitude towards visits to dentists. His calm and professional demeanor made my experience of a complex procedure stress and pain-free. He kept me informed about what to expect during the entire process. John followed up with me and was accessible when needed. This is was the first time I could call my doctor directly without going through admin personnel. John works in patient’s best interest. I would recommend him to anyone who needs dental treatment. Veronika

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

I had a really good experience with Dr. Govostes and his staff. They were really friendly and professional and took the time to explain everything to me. I underwent a fairly large procedure and everything went really well. I recommend him very highly -Paul

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

I had laser gum surgery with Dr. Govostes and I had a really good experience with only a little discomfort. It was a great alternative to the traditional surgery I had in the past years ago.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

If you’re looking for a gifted dental surgeon I highly recommend Dr. John Govostes. I recently had gum surgery performed by Dr. Govostes and the results were amazing! My husband and I have both gone to Dr. Govostes before for procedures and have been very happy with our results. Dr. Govostes is a very compassionate and talented surgeon. He will make you feel relaxed, treat you with respect and he’ll do an amazing job! I had minimum pain from the procedure and the office contacted me the next day to see how I was doing. I visited Dr. Govostes at the Waltham location (Dr. Damien Meola’s office). Any future surgeries I’ll have performed by Dr. Govostes because I know I’ll receive results that exceed my expectations. Thank you Dr. G!

flag | Submitted March 1, 2015

Dr. Govostes (aka Dr. G) is equally professional and personable and he is very talented in his profession. I was incredibly nervous to have gum surgery and he was patient and kind during my entire procedure. I need to have two procedures done with him – first to remove excess gum line and second to fix two teeth where I have too much recession. I’ve only done the first one so far and I am very comfortable to go back for the next one. I’m halfway through my 2 week recovery and my friends and family are already complimenting me on my smile, which now has a uniform gum line. I was nervous having someone make my smile more even, given that you have to completely trust their craft and eye for precision, but Dr. G nailed it. I am so grateful and happy with the work that he has done and highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2014

Unbelievable experience. The man bursts with confidence (not to be confused with cockiness) which instantly makes you feel better about the operation. He takes tremendous pride in his work, treating it as an art rather than "demolition". His bed side manner is impeccable. He really understands how to communicate with the patient at an equal level without "dumbing it down". Is very accessible to answer any questions no matter how little or dumb. He seems to genuinely care about your comfort level and is very accommodating. Having surgery on your mouth is one of the worst experiences you can have. But, if you have to have it, I highly recommend having it done by Dr. John Govostes.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014

My teeth have needed work for a long time and I have been scared to get the work done. So glad I did! Very good experience, and wish I had done it sooner.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2014

I had 4 dental implants with Dr. John Govostes and I am very happy with the outcome. He was very professional and took his time with me. Strongly Recommended!!!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014

Great Doctor!! My gums were really sensitive and I was putting off for a long time having gum surgery to fix them. I went to several doctors before, but I felt the most comfortable with Dr. Govostes. He fixed my sensitivity and they look really good. I had slight swelling and a little bit of discomfort, but that was to be expected and was explained to me prior. I'm very happy with the results.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2014