Ratings for Dr. James P. Anderson

Wonderful Dr. and staff. Had my problem figured a out and treated quickly. Bob Halpern

flag | Submitted November 27, 2017

Dr. Anderson, before saying that you are an extraordinary doctor, I want to tell you that you are an extraordinary human being. Real doctors spend time to look beyond the medical reports and understand the suffering and pain that patients are going through. I’m just an ordinary patient of ordinary means but your team takes care of me as if I was the most important person on earth. Dr. Anderson, you have done miracles for my medical condition and I highly recommend you as a great physician. Thanks for showing so much care and concern.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2017

Although his staff was extremely nice, I was appalled by this physician. As a registered nurse and medical professional, I was extremely disappointed. First of all, it took A MONTH to get in to see Dr Anderson. When I arrived in his office, the waiting room was filled with people who were waiting in silence because, according to the secretary, "The TV turns off at noon and we don't know how to turn it back on..." I then filled out info on their iPad. After I paid my co-pay, I looked at my receipt, and they had used my card to pay someone else's co-pay. After that was straightened out, the secretary, who told me she "used to be a medical assistant" took my vitals and handed me a clip board of papers. These papers were EXACTLY THE SAME as what I filled out on the iPad, which, apparently, no one uses. FINALLY, after waiting an hour, Dr Anderson came in. He was rude and would not listen to A WORD I said. His neuro examination could only be explained as "clown-like" or an "auctioneer-like" performance, which he found very amusing. He never asked me about what meds I was on or any other key factors about why I was there. He would ask me a question, and before I could answer, he would move on to the next, talking over me. He then told me that he was going to order a series of 4 tests and an MRI, which is definitely not the first step in my diagnosis. Let me just say this... I will NEVER be back to see this doctor. He is unprofessional and I feel sorry for his patients who don't know any better.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

Staff rude and sucks. Doctor impersonal and so cold he has rigger mortis

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

I rate it poorly. I believe most of staff are very poorly trained and unprofessional. I do not think that they the patients that are waiting should hear anyone's conversations. Also I especially think that hippa is violated! And the main focus is that they gave me medication that am allergic to. Thank U God for the 2 -4 opinio

flag | Submitted July 9, 2014

I was seen in this physician's office 5 years after a traumatic brain injury in which I have been followed for in Nashville, but wanting to relocate to an MD in Clarksville. Huge mistake. I asked for the latest available appointment that they had, as I had just started a new job last week. My appointment was at 3:30 and my new boss approved me leaving at 3:15pm when normally I leave at 5. I sat in the waiting room until 4:45. The waiting room was dirty and the smelled of smoke. I sat in the exam room until 6:45pm. I was in tears when the MD entered loudly and very unfriendly. He read over the info I had filled out and asked me questions and as I elaborated he interjected "that's not what I asked..." He talked so quickly it caused me great anxiety and very rough during the exam. He criticized an MD I respect and dictated his exam in front of me describing my affect as "exaggerated" and other subjective "findings" in terms he THOUGHT I wouldn't catch. I'm an RN buddy...!

flag | Submitted January 21, 2014

STAY AWAY! I can't say it emphatically enough. Dr. Anderson is a waste of time and money. I'd love to see one of the local news outlets do an "undercover" piece on how he operates his practice.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2013

I have experienced long wait times with every appointment. I was referred for involuntary muscle twitching, and the doctor worked through his examination so fast that I had no opportunity to ask questions. He told me I needed some tests and medication and said it could be ALS. He gave me a few other less severe possibilities but no explanations. After nerve conduction tests where the only comment the doctor made was, "there are definitely some problems," I heard nothing for three weeks until my follow up appointment. That appointment was with the nurse practitioner who seemed to know nothing about my case. She checked her records and said that (after I had to ask) I didn't have ALS. When I asked about the twitching, she said she would have to investigate and requisitioned blood tests from other doctors and told me to come back in three weeks. I would not recommend this practice. I will be finding a new neurologist.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2013

Doctors billing office lacks knowledge in filing insurance claims. Misfiled insurance twice,I made a payment ,filed insurance myself doctors office got payment from insurance company. That resulted in an overpayment, Have been informed that check to reimburse the overpayment would be mailed 4 different times. No check I have all the documentation to prove that the money is owed to me yet no payment. If the abuse private insurance payments I hazard to guess how they are abusing tenncare and medicare

flag | Submitted September 2, 2013

Rude staff. Wait times 2-3 hours long. They never return your calls, even if you plead with them. They never get your prescription refills correct, they always miss at least one. He talks to fast, hurds you like cattle. He should close his doors. Don't go to him!!!!

flag | Submitted February 7, 2013

Dr. James P. Anderson's Credentials

• West Virginia University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)