Ratings for Dr. Cynthia J. Robbins

Not a very good listener. Wanted to prescribe clomid to me and I did not have any known fertility problems. Mess.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2018

I was initially impressed with Dr. Robbins after reading good reviews but it quickly faded. She was often in the room for less than 3 minutes and whenever I did ask a question I felt she did not Take me seriously. For the last 2 months of pregnancy I expressed concerns that I felt the baby may be breech. She simply felt my stomach with her hands and continued to insist the baby was in a normal head down position. It took two times of her checking me and feeling a foot for her to finally pull out the sonogram machine at 37 weeks pregnant and determined my baby was breech. When my water broke prior to my c section being scheduled she never came to Labor and Delivery to discuss anything with me or see how I was doing yet she initially declared it an emergency C Section and would not wait on blood work for me to be able to have a spinal tap and be awake for surgery. My water was broken but I was not in active labor and both mine and the baby's vital signs were perfect. Thankfully the wonderful hospital staff went to bat for me and convinced her to wait on lab work so that I could be awake for the delivery. The only words she spoke to me in the operating room was "so she couldn't wait for us to try to flip her huh?" And she left her assistant to stitch me up after surgery and didn't congratulate me on her way out or say anything. She simply left. Both times she visited my room post partum I was not in bed and she never had me lay down to check my incision. The day she discharged me I was in the bathroom. She asked my family if I was ready to go home rather than asking me and they expressed concern that I'd developed a fever. She simply said it was hormones, stuck her head in the bathroom and asked me to lift up my gown, glanced at my incision and told me the dos and don'ts and walked out and discharged me. I continued to have a fever for the next 10 days and despite calling the doctor line 3 times and showing up once to be checked in office without an appointment I still ended up in the ER on IV antibiotics after my incision had split open in the middle of the night due to severe infection. I felt like my doctor not listening to me led me to having a sudden unexpected C-Section that she rushed through and I won't go as far as saying she caused the infection in the first place but I felt she neglected to listen to me as her patient that left me spending my first 2 weeks as a mother extremely sick and I honestly feel I was robbed of getting to fully experience my first 2 weeks with my newborn. I will never recommend Dr. Robbins to anybody and I hope to never step foot back in her office again.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2018

I was referred to Dr. Robbins by my family physician and was told rather abruptly that she no longer accepts new patients. After being put on hold for several minutes, I have tried to call back to make an appointment with one of the other doctors in her group. I never have been able to talk to a real person. The recording leads you to punch in numbers for a phone call back, which I received 3 days later. I missed the phone call and tried to call back immediately , but was put back in the same cycle of recordings. . I am now seeking another office altogether. So frustrating. My husband is a physician and he would never allow this to happen in his office.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2017

PERSONS WHO ANSWERS THE CALL NEED TO BE MORE KIND

flag | Submitted January 15, 2016

Dr. Robbins is a terrific doctor. She took the time to answer all of my questions at every appointment during my pregnancy and always made me feel at ease. Her office is beautiful and conveniently located near the hospital district. However, the wait time at this office is ridiculous. It became obvious pretty early on that their way of scheduling is not one that is conducive to anyone who is employed in a normal full-time schedule (they routinely overbook). It's almost as if they expect women not to work which is funny since everyone but the sono tech is female. I always waited at least 30 minutes each appointment but sometimes the wait was an hour or more, no matter how early in the day I made my appointment. I understand that deliveries are always happening, but that's why they have an on-call system within this practice. They have no respect for your time, so unless you're a stay-at-home wife with no kids, expect to take lot of time off work/find sitters for your kids when you have an appointment. Secondly, their way of billing is strange. You pay in installments up front what they think it will cost to you to have a baby based on your insurance (which seemed like a total guessing game but was fine with us). However, my insurance ended up covering more than what they guessed by several hundred dollars. After delivery, both my husband and I had to call multiple times to get our refund and we were always met with excuses as to why our check wasn't in the mail. In the end, my baby was 3 months old by the time we got our money back. My final complaint (and the one that solidified that I needed to find another doctor) came when one of her nurse's aids asked me "how I liked my c-section," as if it was some elective cosmetic surgery. I told her it was unexpected and was the hardest thing I'd ever done, and how I hope I'll never have to go through it again. I will absolutely be finding another doctor before my next pregnancy.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

she takes the time to answer any question with straight forward honest knowledgeable answers. I never feel she is in a hurry to get out of the room. here staff is wonderful, efficient and caring. I even recommended her to my daughter

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

I called to make an appointment after reading good reviews. Unfortunatley the woman I spoke with to make my appointment was so rude that I decided not to make the appointment afterall. I was asked if I had medicare when I informed her I had Aetna she asked which kind (i've never had anyone be so concerened about my insurance provider) then when I told her I was switching doctors she asked me how much money I owed my other doctor. I owe my other doctor no money I was looking for a new doctor because I didnt feel my current doctor was thorough enough. The woman was beyond rude and I feel it was extremely inappropriate to ask the questions she did.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2014

I began seeing Dr Robbins twenty or twenty five years ago and have always appreciated her honesty, strength and knowledge . Yes I physician I could trust who also respected me with all of my questions and considerations about my health . She helped me through my Breast Cancer and my discovery that I had the BRACA 2 gene that increased my chances of reoccurrence of breast cancer by 75/80% . She is a fine physician who treats her clients with respect and keeps up with the latest research on OBGYN and women's health! She helped me through the changes that menopause brings and supported me through a double mastectomy when I exercised and was healthy enough to recover from quite well and reduced my chances of reoccurrence to less than 2%. So yes I would refer my friends to her whom have received the same excellent treatment as I have. Now those women who can get in to see her are lucky, as she rarely has openings, I have also received excellent care by her staff. Sincerely,BeverlyWorley

flag | Submitted December 7, 2013

I heard so many great things about Dr. Robbins and this office so I called to make an appointment. When I asked if the doctors were talking new patients, the receptionist told me, "Yes, they are but they don't take Medicaid. So you may want to try some where else." Well I do have private insurance but she never asked what kind and just assumed I only had Medicaid. I thought this was the very unprofessional. So I decided if the first person you have to come on contact with is like this, I didn't want to take chances of the whole staff being that rude so I decided to go somewhere else. This rate is not against the physicians because I never met them but their receptionist has horrible customer service.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2013

After reviewing Dr. Robbins, especially on this site, I thought I had found a great doctor. Perhaps she is a great obgyn...it sounds like she does a good job delivering babies. However, I went to see her for a gynecological issue and it did not go so well. I had a routine diagnostic surgery that went wrong and after over four weeks of constant bleeding was told that I should just be patient and was given no explanation as to what went wrong. I am now having more problems than I had before. I finally found a doctor that is helping me heal. Dr. Robbins is nice, but I feel she is not the best for just gynecological issues.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2012

Dr. Cynthia J. Robbins's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At Houston (Grad. 1985)