Dr. Shalini Varma, MD

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Shalini Varma, MD

I wanted to sincerely thank you for all of your help and support throughout the entirety of this treatment journey. You have helped me considerably and revealed options to me that I never knew existed. For that, I will be forever grateful! I seem to be doing much better!

flag | Submitted November 24, 2017

I've been seeing Dr. Varma for quite a few months now and I've been very happy with the results! I'm in way better shape now than I was before i started seeing her... by far. She has done a great job in helping me with my issues and giving me the tools I need to succeed in resolving them. She's very down to earth, and compassionate. She's great at what she does! Dr. Varma is the best psychiatrist out there. :)

flag | Submitted September 9, 2017

Dr. Varma was very helpful and down to earth. Highly recommend

flag | Submitted September 8, 2017

Dr Varma is an incredible psychiatrist. I've been with her for almost 4 years, which is a stark contrast to how I used to hop between psychiatrists and therapists before. Dr Varma understands me. She provides good insight, and surprises me with how well she remembers the details of my life. The best part about having her is that she is able to point out patterns, works carefully with medications, and I can't imagine anyone doing a better job with this. Dr Varma is also flexible schedule-wise, with weekends and evenings. Could not recommend her more highly!

flag | Submitted September 2, 2017

When I found Dr. Varma I was in bad shape. I had severe panic attacks, depression and anxiety with several trips to the ER. I found her to very pleasant, easy to talk to and caring. Her treatment was effective in a short time. If I had problems I could call her anytime and she would return the call very soon which made me feel less anxious. I have come a long way with her treatment and I no longer have panic attacks, depression and medication has been greatly decreased. I am grateful.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2017

Dr. Varma is warm and funny and an excellent physician. She diagnosed me with a problem I had suffered with for 20 years and had never addressed. Then she helped me identify lifestyle changes and tools that would enable me to better manage it. The quality of my life has already improved and I am so grateful for her understanding and good care. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

I have been seeing Psychiatrists for years for depression,anxiety,and other mood disorders. But none of them were able to properly diagnose, medicate, or help me through therapy except Dr. Varma. I finally feel that there is help out there for me , and I have hope for the future.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

Dr Varma listens to my concerns. She gives me constructive feedback. She is very responsive to my needs.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2017

She is insanely dedicated to her duty. It is such a relief for the patient and their friends and family when she speaks with great knowledge and confidence. This ever smiling doctor is a marvel. She should be the model for other doctors.

Submitted December 3, 2016

Way too expensive than the average price to see this type of doctor. She just wants the money. She doesn't have the patience to answer questions and seems overwhelmed when asked questions and she's a Psychiatrist?

Submitted December 1, 2016

Dr. Shalini Varma, MD's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Specialty and Residency Training Advocate Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge, IL - Department of Psychiatry Southern Illinois University in Springfield, IL - Department of Medicine Board Certification American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Certificate #64696 Licensing- Wisconsin & Illinois, NPI - 1760648406 Psychiatry Positions after Training Saint Joseph's Hospital (Wheaton Franciscan) in Milwaukee, WI http://www.wauwatosanow.com/userstoriessubmitted/124486889.html Milwaukee County Mental Health in Wauwatosa, WI Aurora Health Center in Lake Geneva, WI Medical Education University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey New Jersey Medical School in Newark, NJ - Doctor of Medicine Undergraduate Education Drew University, summa cum laude, Most Valuable Tennis player Full Academic Scholarship to Drew University "Beat the Boards" examiner- I train physician psychiatrists for the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Board Certification exam. I also write practice questions for Board preparation. - April-June 2013- www.abpntest.com NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness - advocacy group for ill patients) Expert Speaker March 2013.

• English

• Umdnj-New Jersey Medical School (Grad. 2003)

• Generalized anxiety disorder
  • Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children
  • Depression (major depressive disorder)
  • Bipolar disorder