Ratings for Dr. Shalini Varma, MD

Dr Varma is a wonderful doctor! She has helped my husband tremendously. She is very thorough with getting all medical history and has a great sense of humour to boot! She is a very caring and compassionate doctor. I would definitely recommend her.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2019

Dr Varma is a compassionate, empathetic and dynamic psychiatrist. She helped my son and our family through a difficult 7 months guiding him from severe depression to a successful recovery. She is knowledgeable about current medication research and keen to ensure safe practice and care with medication changes. She provides lots of supplementary information about the health condition and options and works with your child and you to make decisions that you all agree with. She had great rapport with my teenage son and he found he could confide in her without judgement. She is holistic in her approach and looks at the whole picture- taking a practically focused, problem solving therapeutic approach. She communicated effectively with other professionals involved, and knew when my son needed to step up his care to hospital services. She was easy to contact at all times and responsive to queries outside of appointment time. Her office staff was also excellent- very kind and well organized.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2019

Dr. Varma's office is great. Communication with patients is clearly a high priority -- if you're looking for a sense of understanding and personal connection with your psychiatrist, or even just a straight answer from Dr. Varma or her office staff, this is the place for you.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2019

Dr. Varma and her staff are accommodating, pleasant, and thorough. Not only was Dr. Varma able to help me, but she did it without making me uncomfortable. Easy to talk to and very approachable.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2019

Thank you for the time that my daughter was able to meet with you. It was definitely helpful. She is still using strategies that you suggested. She just brought you up as we were trying to make a crowded flight home and her anxiety kicked in. She recognizes that she will have to continue to navigate through her anxiety and being an introvert in social situations. She is on a good path to continue to work through her problems.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2019

Very welcoming office. Not clinical at all. Dr Varma really helped our family with our lack of communication and we are in a much better place now.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2019

I first want to start by saying Dr.varma is a very personal doctor. She listen to my entire life story on first appointment and was able to help me focus on me, which I haven't been able to do in a long time. She was the first doctor to look at my situation as a whole and is helping me with my day to day struggles with life, work and any other things that affect my mental health.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2019

I am grateful to Dr. Varma for keeping me at my job. I was about to be fired but she helped with FMLA paperwork and getting me better. When I had problems with the medication, she was easliy available to switch medication.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2019

It''s obvious to me and my family that I have suffered with bi polar disorder my entire life but went undiagnosed and untreated. Today, I'm free of symptoms. The doctor, through years of compassionate and ethical treatment, has put me on a path to a new life free from worry about depression and anxiety! Granted, I put my own work in but she showed me the way and provided me with the means and support to make it happen. Absolutely priceless.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2019

I feel fortunate to have found Dr.Varma. She was referred to me by a co-worker. She has affected my life dramatically and really cares. I went untreated for depression and anxiety for many years. I struggled without knowing. I am now being treated. I feel I am on the right track now because of her and have felt a tremendous amount of relief. I couldn't even talk on the phone at the beginning of treatment due to my anxiety. Dr Varma helped me with meds and assignments. She talks at my level to me, not at me. I would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2019

Dr. Shalini Varma, MD's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Specialty and Residency Training Advocate Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge, IL - Department of Psychiatry Southern Illinois University in Springfield, IL - Department of Medicine Board Certification American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Certificate #64696 Licensing- Wisconsin & Illinois, NPI - 1760648406 Psychiatry Positions after Training Saint Joseph's Hospital (Wheaton Franciscan) in Milwaukee, WI http://www.wauwatosanow.com/userstoriessubmitted/124486889.html Milwaukee County Mental Health in Wauwatosa, WI Aurora Health Center in Lake Geneva, WI Medical Education University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey New Jersey Medical School in Newark, NJ - Doctor of Medicine Undergraduate Education Drew University, summa cum laude, Most Valuable Tennis player Full Academic Scholarship to Drew University "Beat the Boards" examiner- I train physician psychiatrists for the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Board Certification exam. I also write practice questions for Board preparation. - April-June 2013- www.abpntest.com NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness - advocacy group for ill patients) Expert Speaker March 2013.

• English

• Umdnj-New Jersey Medical School (Grad. 2003)

• Generalized anxiety disorder
  • Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children
  • Depression (Major Depressive Disorder)
  • Bipolar disorder