Ratings for Dr. James D. Kasten

Dr Kasten is very nice , he makes you understand everything you need to know.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

dr kasten and his staff are great. his experience is so worth the wait. he is busy but you can not replace his experience.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

I wouldn't recommend Dr. Kasten.He makes you feel like anything you say is of no importance,

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

Im having my first baby in July and Dr. Kasten was my first choice due to what my friends and family recommended. I do regret my choice now. Before Dr. Kasten I had never been to a obgyn before and I was so nervous. He was a little rough and made me feel more like a number than a patient. I felt so uncomfortable! Not to mention the rude behavior to my fiancee. Hespoke to on him like he was stupid. Kasten kept on throwing the blame at him and it seemed very unprofessional. On a different note the nurses and staff are very sweet and kind.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2015

flag | Submitted August 6, 2014

I love Dr. Kasten. He has been my OB for over 10 years. He sits and listens to you. He answers all your questions. He knows his stuff. He is quick to the point. He is a very busy man. He will take any patient with any condition when other doctors wont. As for his staff they are great! Couple of the staff members have a different tone of voice but its nothing they can change. They are all very helpful and kind. I love the practice!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2014

You almost always have to have an appt 3 months in advance and yet the doctors are not required to cover their appts if they choose not too. I have had multiple appts canceled last minute because Kasten or Wilbur decided to go on vacation last minute. If you make an appt you make a commitment and they obviously don't care about upholding them. The office staff is rude and talks down to you when you call to see why your appt has been canceled and why the doctor was not held responsible for getting those appts covered by someone.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2013

Kasten has HORRIBLE bedside manner!! He acted like any input I had was stupid. I was NOT at ease when I went into labor, I felt rushed like he had better things to do. Absolutely REFUSE to use him again!! Did not tell me any warnings associated with meds like he is supposed to either!! He also puts his patients above those of his associate. If you have to use this office use Dr. Amy Wilber!! She is AWESOME!!

flag | Submitted March 2, 2013

What a joke of a practice, STAY AWAY!!! Staff argues with each other in the hallways and doctor treats patients like cattle, not people.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2013

Dr. Kasten is very knowledgable and that is obvious when you talk to him. He was punctual as well. Although I felt as if I were being talked "down to" and I felt as though my questions were annoying to him and unimportant. Unfortunately, in this rural area there are not many OB/GYNs to choose from but I would travel the distance to see a physician who is respectful to me, we all deserve that. Overall ,I was not impressed with his practice or his bedside manner but I was with his knowledge base if you could actually pull answers out of him.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2011

Dr. James D. Kasten's Credentials

• Ohio State University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)

• BCBS Illinois