Ratings for Dr. Katherine E. Brown

My daughter has been seeing Dr. Brown since she was born, now 3. I would recommend her to ANYONE! She is absolutely amazing and so thorough with my child, she takes her time and always gets same day appointments for sick visits, her NP Elaine is just as helpful! The nursing staff is 5 stars as well! Great place!

flag | Submitted September 3, 2014

I switched from Dr Brown because she could not figure out what was wrong with my son. I had to wait an hour for her to say it was a ear infection in both ears and the medication did nothing he still was sick. He was vomiting with a horrible cough. When he needed to be seen she would never take him and said go to the er. Horrible never again.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2013

They could at least give you courtesy calls to remind you but they don't and every time I walk in there the nurses are always on their cell phones!

flag | Submitted September 10, 2013

Called at 11PM after my daughter jumped off the couch and hit her forehead on the edge of our coffee table. She had an immediate and large bump the size of a small egg. Purple in color. Dr. Brown's answering service handled the call and we were transferred to the triage nurse who was very kind and asked so many questions. Three hours, a bowl of ice cream and an ice pack later and my daughter was acting normal. Woke her up every couple of hours to check on her and we were good without a trip to the E.R.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2013

I would NEVER recommend Dr. Brown to ANYONE! She is HORRIBLE. I went to her for over a year and always waited at least an hour and a half with my toddler. She is rude and unfriendly and acts as if you are an idiot for asking a question. I was always seen by the NP who was just as bad as Dr. Brown. We were in constantly and the NP could never remember who we were. She gave my toddler 8 antibiotics one after another because she claimed he had terrible ear infections (she could never find anything else wrong, but automatically "saw" an ear infection.) and that he needed tubes. We saw a specialist and found out he might have had only one or two ear infections but had no need for tubes. I was furious that this so called professional was prescribing drugs to my child that he had no need for merely because she was incompetent. Dr. Brown never followed up on anything that the NP prescribed. Horrible practice and incompetent staff.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2013

I have recently switched my to children over to Dr. Brown and we absolutely enjoy her and her nursing staff! Everyone treated my girls kind and the NP and nursing staff were very thorough and assuring. The only problem we experienced was with the front desk receptionist (not sure of her exact title). I called her about a concern that I had with my daughter and she interrupted me several times while talking by saying "Oh, well your daughter can't be seen today" which was understandable yet we would prefer someone who could at least offer to have a nurse or doctor call us back with our questions and concerns. We were forced to take our daughter to Childrens ER in Dallas and have her treated for Cellulitis from immunizations given to her from Dr. Brown's office...kind of a big deal. I understand that things happen, and I'm not upset about the outcome of immunizations but the lack of willingness to help from the rude lady who answered the phone!

flag | Submitted January 7, 2013

Loved her. She is wonderful.She is very aggressive when it is needed. My son had a complicated case, and she spent no time conducting the appropriate tests and consulting other doctors and Children's Medical.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2013

I recently switched my children over to Dr. Brown's office and COULD NOT BE HAPPIER with my choice. Her staff is both friendly and professional! They take time to listen to your concerns and address everything with detailed explainations so you can understand it. The level of care they show has been unsurpassed by any other office I have used. I drive from out of town just to take my children here and honestly wouldn't change a thing about it.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2011