Ratings for Dr. Bethany D. Gilstrap

Very knowledgeable and caring doctor. Takes her time and is VERY thorough, Easy to talk to and helpful. Provided me with her findings and useful recommendations. Went a step further and discussed my case with a colleague in order to provide me with a better understanding of tests my neurologist had ordered. One of the nicest, warm-hearted, and supportive doctors I've ever met.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

Very knowledgable and professional. Review above is erroneous. Clearly the person is upset about their personal results and taking it out on the Doctor. Typical...

flag | Submitted September 7, 2014

I went to her because she was recommended by my neurologist and she is in the same practice.My first impression was that she was very young and was like a robot. She did not seem to care about the problems I was having with my cognition. On the second visit she gave a cognition test which I had to read and answer questions.Part of my problem was I could not comprehend what I was reading nor could I sit there and read all of the questions so I just answered randomly. She was under the impression from my neurologist that I was lying about all of my symptoms anyway. On the third visit she said the test was inconclusive, at that time I said can I take it over and what did that mean. She told me there was nothing else to do and that I should not of had such bad results and my neurologist would follow up. After that I asked for the report which I had to get someone with authority with sentara to get for me.The results basically stated I was lying. She needs education on how to treat people.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2012