Ratings for Dr. Loretta A. Schueler

If I could give zero stars I would. Dr. Schueler is literally the most disrespectful doctor I have ever met. I BEG anyone in need of a oral surgeon to NEVER attend her practice. She was rude to me from the moment I enter her office. I came to her location because I have been dealing with extreme pain in my jaw and ear and have not been able to get viable answers anywhere else. I am also pregnant and I was trying see if there was anything that I could do to help my issue that would still give me relief and ensure the safety of my baby. She was very obnoxious and condescending the entire time. There is a way to treat people, let alone patients, but she was continuously insensitive and rude. I left her office hysterical because of how disrespectful she was to me and she did not offer any apology for her behavior. She had no interest in helping me and completely wasted my time. DO NOT recommend this doctor to anyone. And will be reporting her practice.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2018

Her staff let my husband drive himself home after being put in twilight sleep and he fell and hurt hmself and is now going to surgery for his back

flag | Submitted August 13, 2018

My sister-in-law went to Dr. Schuyler to have her wisdom teeth exctracted. BIG MISTAKE! I went into the office and Dr. Schuyler came into the waiting room to tell me "if you hear screaming from your sister in law to ignore it that she tends to over react"! She was drinking a Diet Coke and seemed like she was out of it. What professional says something like that? I immediately felt like i needed to get my sister in law out of there but because she was a grown adult I needed to support her decision. After the procedure they called me back there and my first thought was where is everyone. Dr. Schuyler performed this procedure basically by herself. They gave me instructions and we left. My sister in law ended up getting a very bad infection and every time she called the office we got "attitude"! As it turns out she had to have the infection drained which she did in the office and we found out later should have been done in a hospital. My niece called me in hysterics asked me to come see her neck. I was mortiphied to say the least. I called my dentist who connected me to his surgeon and after discussing what had taken place this surgeon told me to get her to the ER immediately. I took her to HCGH where they admitted her and where she stayed for a week. The infectious disease doctors were horrified at her condition and agreed that e procedure should have been done IN A HOSPITAL! My sister in laws infection was very bad and she could have died if I hadn't taken her to the ER when I did. My dentist basically said he wasn't surprised when I told him who the doctor was. She was horrible from althe beginnning treating my sister in law like a dog because she was anxious about the procedure. I have never witnessed anything like this before. Very unprofessional put my sister in laws life at risk! Please do your research before you or a family member decide on a doctor.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

Professionally corrected an extreme medical problem performed by another Oral surgeon, Dr Forshey in Carrol County

flag | Submitted October 2, 2015

Dr. Schuler extracted my son's wisdom teeth. The surgery went well. She was very knowledgeable and explained everything in detail. The office staff was helpful and very friendly. It was a good experience. Thank you much!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

Update: My mom remained in the hospital for a week and has yet to be discharged.

Submitted November 19, 2013

My mom went to dr schueler to have her wisdom teeth removed. After giving my mom an xray, she ok'd the surgery. Little did we know the tooth in front of my moms wisdom tooth was infected (schueler saw this on the X-ray) & the procedure never should have been done. After my mom in turn developed a severe infection schueler stuck a tube in her neck to "drain" the infection. Seeing that the tube was left sticking out of her neck my sister wanted to take my mom to the hospital because that's how barbaric it looked. Schueler told her "you're a minor turn around & just take her home" my mom then had to spend the night in the ER with even the ER doctors so infuriated they were shaking. I hope you do not make the same mistake my mother did by going to this woman. Most horrifying, upsetting experience I have encountered in a field where professionalism & knowledge are expected.

Submitted November 13, 2013

This was the worst experience i ever had at any sort of doctor's office. Loretta treated me as an inferior, and Jen treated me like a dog. I have never been so upset with how i was treated by anyone else. Not at a store, doctor's office, nothing. i wouldn't recommend their services to anyone. Jen, the nurse, also made me cry twice because of the way she spoke to me. Good work, but not sensitive or understanding, or nice.

Submitted August 17, 2012

Dr.Schueler was great!!! Was my first time at an oral surgeon, &the first surgery ever. I had an impacted lower wisdom tooth, that was removed faster than I would have imagined! Dr. Schuyler as well as her assistant Jen were both so nice & comforting about the whole procedure! Wouldn't go anywhere else!! Thanks Dr. Schuyler, Jen &the staff!

flag | Submitted April 27, 2012

DR. SCHUELER IS VERY KIND. SHE KNOWS HER STUFF. I HAVE BEEN TO HER MANY TIMES AND HAVE NEVER HAD A COMPLAINT. SHE IS ALWAYS AVAILABLE IN AFTER CARE TOO. I RECOMMEND HER HIGHLY.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2011