Ratings for Dr. Shelden L. Martin

After having shoulder pain for over a year and being treated for bursitis with cortisone injections with no end in sight, I finally went to Dr. Martin on a friend's recommendation to get another opinion. His first impression was that we could fix it with physical therapy, which was a welcome relief to not immediately be told surgery was the only option. However, MRI results showed a bone spur and significant enough tear in my supraspinatus that would require surgery. He and his PA, Matthew Pavelek, as well as the rest of the staff at OrthoArizona were professional, answered all my questions, and put me at ease regarding the surgery. At just over 5 months post op, I have been fully cleared. Thank you so much Dr. Martin!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2019

Dr. Martin was absolutely spot on from the first day I went in to his office through my last follow up! He was patient with me even though I didn't believe I had torn my rotator cuff and lastly, my bicep tendon! I had a frozen shoulder going into surgery and he had to stretch it out first and then do the surgery. I also had to go to Physical Therapy 4 days later, but it paid off and I did every exercise every day for those first four months! I am released within 6 months of surgery!

flag | Submitted October 7, 2018

Dr. Martin did a total shoulder joint revision surgery 3 months ago today. He was recommend by three other orthopedic surgeons because of his expertise with doing complex shoulder replacements. 3 months to the day after my surgery, I"M BACK ON THE GOLF COURSE! Thank you Dr. Martin

flag | Submitted September 19, 2018

If you're looking for a great orthopaedic doc, look no more. . DR.MARTIN !! Will get youbtaken well care of.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2018

Dr. Martin rescued my husband after another surgeon messed up his elbow. He was knowledgeable and gave us all our options. We would highly recommend Dr. Martin and his staff. In fact we did recommend his to a friend for a shoulder issue and she was also very pleased with him.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2018

Dr. Martin was fantastic. He made me feel as comfortable as possible and was extremely knowledgeable about my procedure. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2018

I had my left shoulder replaced 8/17 and was pain free with a little discomfort afterwards. By 11/17 I had 93% rotation of my left arm and out of physical therapy. I attribute my condition following surgery to Dr Martins surgical skills. I would highly recommend Dr Martin for a shoulder surgery.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2017

After my rotator cuff surgery, I was able to complete my physical therapy and get back to my life in 4 months time. My scars are minimal and neatly done. Thank you for that.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

A few months ago I ruptured my bicep muscle while waterskiing. This was a serious injury because my bicep completely separated at the elbow, causing the muscle to roll up into my shoulder like a window shade! I was referred to Dr. Shelden Martin by a friend and could not have been happier with his performance. He recognized the seriousness of my injury and performed the surgery within a few days. The surgery to re-attach my bicep only took a few hours, and I was home before I knew it. I am now finishing physical therapy, and happy to say my bicep is almost 100% healed. Dr. Martin is an excellent surgeon! He did an outstanding job repairing my arm, and I would gladly recommend him to others. His office staff was also very courteous, prompt, and professional.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

Great communicator, explained my procedure in great details throughout the process from surgery to recovery. Easy to talk with and willing to answer all my questions.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2017

Dr. Shelden L. Martin's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 2004)

MSP/BC Med