Ratings for Dr. Joseph D. Dirocco

Dr Dirocco allowed me to share a lot of my medical history, did not rush me through our visit. I felt listened to which is of utmost importance to me as a patient. He also respected my proactive & holistic approach to my health. He was incredibly respectful and gentle during his exam, and I am grateful to be scheduled for a colonoscopy feeling confident in his and his staff's care for me while I'll be under anesthesia. For dealing with delicate issues, Dr Dirocco was incredibly approachable, kind, and respectful.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

Spoke to staff on Dec 23rd and they made sure to ask doctor if he did umbilical hernias while I was on the phone and he said YES. TODAY, Jan 17th was my scheduled appt and I receive a call from the staff saying the doctor CANCELLED my appt because he does not do umbilical hernias!? Truth is I just completed my patient information on their website late last night and when he read it this morning decided that he would discriminate and not see me now!!! No coincidence!!! VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!!! VERY SAD part is that on patient information I marked down rectal bleeding, pain, and high risk for colon cancer because half of my family has died from it. I listed each family member, cancer deceased from ( mostly colon) and he turned me away!!! I listed that I have endometriosis and I know that's why he turned me away because it would be more work cutting through and around the endo. Just be HONEST that you can't do it or don't want to be bothered by a case that isn't just an easy payday for you "doctor". The staff was extremely nice and helpful. I feel sorry for them that they have to work for a LIAR and selfish snake! GOD have mercy on his soul.

Submitted January 17, 2017

Dr. Dirocco treated our 87 year old mother and we could not have been more blessed to have gotten him. My mother suffered an entire summer with severe stomach pain and major diarrhea. After a visit to the emergency room she was admitted and seen by Dr. Dirocco. After meeting Dr. Dirocco, we knew instantly that he was special. Dr. Dirocco listened to all that Mom had been through, answered all of our questions, and explained the treatment going forward. Mom did eventually end up needing surgery but with Dr. Dirocco charting the course we just knew the end result would be wonderful...and it was! With Dr. Dirocco, you could not be in better hands. Thanks Dr. Dirocco for what you do and for the way you treat your patients!

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

Dr. Diricco is hands down the best doctor I have worked with. I had been dealing with severe ulcerative colitis for a little over a year and realized surgery was my only option. My GI doctor had recommended me to him and I couldn't have been happier. He is very understanding and made me feel comfortable and calm about the procedures I needed to have done. He was always willing to talk to me or see me whenever I had a concern and knew what to do. I felt so comfortable putting my problem in his hands. He is easy to talk to and just an all around great person, I would strongly recommend Dr. DiRocco to anyone!!!

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

Di Dirocco is the best. I had seen two other GI docs before seeing him. He has been so helpful. I felt better after seeing him immediately. He was able to prescribe me the correct medication and has been helping me on my road to recovery. I know that I most likely will need some surgical intervention in the future for my issue and I trust Dr. Dirocco 150%. Great guy.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015

Dr. DiRicco is the 5th colon doctor out of top doctors in maryland that I have seen and I wish he would have been the first one I went to. His office staff are polite, helpful and understanding.Dr. DiRicco is very patient when listening to you and doesn't make you feel like you don't know what your talking about.He makes you feel very comfortable and is very intelligent and up to date in his field.His relaxed personality and sense of humor helps patients communicate better with him. When you have health issues with the colon, It's amazing how much better you can feel just knowing you are now seeing a good doctor and will not have to leave his office frustrated.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2014

Dr. Di Rocco is one of the hest doctors i have ever met. He is very knowledgable, he had a residency at Cornel Presbatarian, yet unasuming. He offered clear, comprehensive answers and has a sense of humar-very welcome in this field. Hia office staff scheduled me for one hour after i made the first call to his office-great staff. He diagnosed my condition and opperated on me the following day. Dr. Di Rocco solved a problem that had caused me significant pain over tue last year within less than 24 hours of the first time I called his office. Simply brilliant!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2014

Dr. Dirocco is a very awesome Doctor he is very through and has your best interest in mind.I would highly recommend him. Mrs.Kelley Clark

flag | Submitted September 11, 2013

I had an issue that Dr. Dirocco was able to put my mind at ease. He listened to my problems and was able to provide me insight into my problem and provide a list of remedies to it.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2013

Dr. DiRocco is the best surgeon you would want and his bedside manner is great. He is up to date on his procedures, and will do whatever he can to help you. We recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2012

Dr. Joseph D. Dirocco's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Colon cancer