Ratings for Dr. Symeon V. Zannikos, M.D.

I have been a patient at Orthopedics New England for close to 4 years. Dr. Zannikos and Dr. Healy have both performed surgery on me, most recently in Jan 2019 a microdiscectomy by Dr. Zannikos. I recently saw him for my 6 month FU and everything is great and I have returned to all my pre injury activities. The entire practice is great, and I would especially recommend Dr. Zannikos and Dr, healy for your orthopedic injuries.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2019

Rude on phone. Wait times are ridiculous. Told messages never got to doctor. Then PA had multiple excuses. 2+weeks post op haven’t seen surgeon. Told pain was not valid. Meds cut at a little over a week to what should be norm! There’s no norm for pain?!!!

Submitted June 15, 2019

I really like this doctor. He is very honest and upfront about the options that are available. Spent a lot of time with me about the pros and cons of my options which made my decision less stressfull.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2019

Highly recommend this doctor! Dr Zannikos and his staff were very attentive to every detail of my surgery and recovery and they really care about his patients getting excellent results snd back to their activities.

flag | Submitted December 25, 2018

excellent care and team. never felt rushed in the office and felt very informed about every step of the process. would recommend.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2018

Very pleased with everything before and after surgery

flag | Submitted March 3, 2018

Very satisfied with the results of my surgery!! I have been recommending to all my friends with back issues

flag | Submitted February 24, 2018

Very caring and compassionate doctor. I am really glad he was recommended to me by a friend.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2018

Dr Zannikos is an excellent surgeon who took care of both me and my mother with our low back issues. I have highly recommended him to all my friends already!

flag | Submitted December 25, 2017

After six months of pain I finally decided to have a microdiscectomy. Now I can finally play with my kids without pain. Thank you Dr. Zannikos and team!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

Dr. Symeon V. Zannikos, M.D.'s Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Zannikos has been with Orthopedics New England since 2014. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Kinesiology with emphasis in Biomechanics from Rice University in Texas. Dr. Zannikos also received a Master of Arts in Kinesiology and Biomechanics from The University of Texas at Austin. In 2008, he received his medical degree from The University of Texas Medical School at San Antonio. From there, Dr. Zannikos finished his internship in General Surgery and residency in Orthopaedic Surgery at Tufts Medical Center. He then completed his fellowship in Reconstructive Spine Surgery with The Boston Spine Group. From years 2008-2013, Dr. Zannikos served as a Clinical Associate in Orthopaedic Surgery and Instructor for the medical student (MSI) Physical Diagnosis Labs at Tufts Medical School. Dr. Zannikos is published in peer reviewed journals and has presented research at several local and regional meetings. He keeps current on medical knowledge by attending national meetings and courses related to spine surgery. His clinical interests include minimally invasive spine surgery, muscle-sparing approaches to the spine, treatment of back injuries in athletes, disc herniations, and cervical, thoracic, and lumbar degenerative disorders. When he’s not seeing patients, Dr. Zannikos’ outside interests include exercising, history, and spending time with friends and family.

• English