Ratings for Dr. Wilfred Alex Madarang

Dr. Wilfred Madarang improperly diagnosed me and didn't listen to my concerns. Because of this, I was in horrible amounts of pain and my conditions progressed to severe. I was not able to walk, I was not able to get up on my own, or even sit on the toilet without help. He diagnosed me with 'Fibromyalgia', despite not even checking for Fibro, and the fact that I had NO muscular pain what-so-ever. He didn't even send me to a Rheumatologist until I asked him to. After seeing the Rheumatologist, only 2 visits later (both within a month), I was properly diagnosed and treated and have since gotten much better than where I was. I understand that Autoimmune diseases tend to be tricky, but as sever as my condition got, I should have been sent to a specialist right away. This doctor is a nice person, but at a professional standpoint, I highly recommend seeing a different doctor. (my joints were majorly swollen and I couldn't even make a fist with my hands at all, I'm not even a doctor, and it was pretty obvious this wasn't Fibromyalgia) I was even sent to a physical therapist for Fibro (as requested my Madarang) and the therapist scoffed and said, "I get a lot of Fibro patients, this is definitely not Fibro".

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

Very polite and professional. Took time to explain things to me and very patient. I feel genuine concern from him.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2013

Repeatedly used the word "OKAY" over snd over. Not sure if Dr is fluent in the english language. Poor communication skills (both comprehension & expression).

flag | Submitted January 16, 2013