Ratings for Dr. Michael D. Mclaughlin

He did not recognize the side effects from a medication that made me psychotic even though they are listed, he kept upping the dose. As a result I began missing work excessively and he repeatedly refused to provide any type of documentation to support this even after hospitalization. I lost my career first time I've ever been fired from a job, and am still unable to return to work, he lied about my condition and refused to allow me to see any other psychiatrist in the St. Francis health network. I was forced to seek help elsewhere but it has been a nightmare becuase Dr. McLaughlin gave false information to my new physician and lied about my condition which made it a very long difficult process to receive the care I need. In one of my visits to him after describing the medications side effects and the fact that I wanted off of it safely becuase the withdrawals were too much for me, he screamed at me that he is the one in control which should have been a huge red flag.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2013

Dr. McLaughlin put me back on a med that I had told Dr. McLaughlin was stopped because the med stopped working for me. Then I told doctor if he put me back on the med it would fire up my GERD stomach problem while I was in the hospital, if I did not take the med during a meal. This information was never noted to the hospital staff, Dr. McLaughlin was a staff doctor. When I talked to Dr. McLaughlin about my problems it seem to irate him if I disagreed with him. Then Dr McLaughlin acted like he was in a hurry to leave my room without completely listening to me. In fact I went to the nurse station after Dr. McLaughlin left my room to ask the nurse about one of my problems, the nurse told me I needed to ask the Dr. McLaughlin. Dr. McLaughlin was in another patient’s room I had to wait in the hall to ask the question. Got a short answer from the doctor “there’s a med ordered at the nurse station for that problem” and he walked away as if I had bothered him.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2012

Dr. Michael D. Mclaughlin's Credentials

• Oklahoma College Of Osteopathic Medicine And Surgery (Grad. 2007)

Sask Health