Ratings for Dr. James C. Kao

Dr. Kao is a wonderful doctor and I have nothing but good things to say about the time he spent with me to explain my condition and treatment. Also, his staff was very courteous. I highly recommend Dr. Kao to others.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2015

Dr. Kao was on his cell phone as I was wheeled into the OR for a colonoscopy. He was talking to the post office in regard to his missing personal mail. He then placed an additional phone call to someone else and gave them the p.o. #. He was agitated and distracted. After 10 minutes he introduced himself in a terse and rote manner. I felt like I was at Jiffy Lube without an appointment. Dr.Kao is lacking manners and is very self-absorbed. When he inquired about my seeming anxious, I told him that I sensed that he was not focused on my procedure. HE TOLD ME I WAS FREE TO LEAVE IF I WAS UNCOMFORTABLE. I just spent the previous 24 hr. fasting and drinking a purge solution which made me nauseated and gave me the dry heaves! I really did not want to do this EVER AGAIN! I reluctantly asked to just please do the procedure and be done. Leslie the intake nurse was professional and kind, but the total experience was very negative.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2011

Dr. James C. Kao's Credentials

• Spanish

• Duke University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2003)