Ratings for Dr. Dusten A. Wessel

I have seen Dr. Wessel twice this year. I have Crohn's, depression, diabetes...so several issues that I am working with. Dr. Wessel spends a great deal of time with me, and I have not had that rushing feel that I've had with other Doc's. He is a great listener, and has a compassionate nature. The only issue that I've had was that after a visit and lab, I got a call from my pharmacy about a med that was called in. I did not receive any info from Dr. Wessel , or a nurse about this addition or directions on how to take which were not on the med.label. When I called the phone nurse she did not give any info on directions or why this was added, but just that I "had to take it". I realize that the phone nurses are quite busy, but she showed a lack of concern, and did not follow through with getting info to the Dr. A follow up visit cleared everything up. 1 other positive about Dr. Wessel is that when he does not know about an issue he knows who to refer me to.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2014

flag | Submitted October 22, 2013

I was dropped by this Dr. for not being in compliance of pain management contract, I was told they left a message on my cell phone to come that day for a drug screen, they didn't call my house phone to leave a message nor did they try to call me back. Less than a week later I stopped in the dr. office to get my prescription and Dr. Wessel called me back and told me I was dropped, I told him I didn't receive the message and he said it did not matter I was already dropped. This is on my permanent record and it was very tough to find another Dr. if you are in this same situation I would advise to not give them a cell number as they are not reliable enough for something this important.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2013

Dr. Dusten A. Wessel's Credentials

• Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 2008)

Top Hospitals in Rockport, IN