Ratings for Dr. Jim N. Brantner

Dr Brantner and his staff are amazing to work with. I decided to try out Sculpsure. I'm only a week or so in and I feel like I'm already seeing results...? Part of me was worried it was all in head but I did some photos and they dont lie. I cant wait to take pics at week 3, week 6 and week 12. The procedure itself was a little uncomfortable but similar to period cramps and it's only 25 minutes.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2018

BOTCHED is what you will get if you go to Dr. Brantner!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

He has a lot of bad reviews, 2 days before surgery I went fill out my pre -op paper work, I was concerned about these reviews so I asked questions, Who wouldnt?? His wife ( the nurse) proceeded to tell me i'm no longer a a candidate for surgery with him.. moral of the story CHECK HIS REVIEWS FIRST. This guy has questionable reviews and ratings. There are better dr.s than him.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

I went to Brantner for breast reduction and tummy tuck. The initial visit was good. He was very nice, upbeat, explained everything and even encouraging. He asked "if I was ready to wear a 2 piece this summer" The day after surgery I was getting ready to go for my post op visit and the drain on the left side of my abdomen came out. He said "It will be fine. Everything looks great!" One day while changing the dressing, I noticed a spot on the right side of my abdominal incision that looked questionable. It was still open, had dark places around the edges and inside. When I went to have the stitches removed I brought this to his attention. He said "That’s okay, you can continue to take showers and wash with antibacterial soap. It's more of a nuisance than anything." Have I mentioned that I am a nurse? I have worked on a med surg floor and was pretty sure this was necrotic (dying) tissue. Even though I was concerned, I followed his instructions. I did cover it when showering, didn't feel that it was good to have water that I was washing in getting into the "hole." I did clean it daily. Two weeks after surgery I developed a seroma on the left side of the abdominal incision. This was the side that the drain came out. I began running a fever so I went to see him. He said "it is just fluid" but gave me a prescription for an antibiotic. Never mentioned aspirating the seroma. I also asked him to look at the place that hadn't closed. Again he said "it's fine." Four days after that visit I woke up drenched. The seroma had opened on its own and to quote the doctor I work with "its not just draining, it's like a waterfall." I had to wear adult diapers a couple of days to be sure the fluid didn't leak through the 2 abdominal pads that I dressed it with. They had to be changed every hour on the first day. Of course the drainage lessened over time but it took 3 weeks for it to completely stop. At my next follow up visit, I again told him I was concerned about the open place in my abdominal incision and I mentioned to him that one of my breast seemed to be smaller than the other. He said "They are symmetrical. You still have a lot of swelling. It will take time for it to go away. The place on your stomach is fine, I know what I am talking about." A couple more weeks went by, the place on the right side was getting deeper and beginning to tunnel. By this time my confidence in Brantner was basically gone but I went back into the office and he finally decided it needed to be addressed. He told the staff to schedule me for a scar revision the following week. This was an in office procedure and only required numbing of the area he would be repairing. When he was finished he asked if I had any questions. I asked "Is this how my chest is going to be?" He sarcastically said "Why, aren't you happy?" I told him one breast still looked much smaller than the other. Without even looking at my breast he said "You signed a piece of paper before you had the surgery. Before I completely close, you are sat up and everyone in the operating room looks to see if you are even. It is natural for one breast to be bigger than the other." My confidence and respect for Brantner is completely gone at this point. The difference in the size of my breast IS noticeable. Noticeable enough that I wear 2 pads on the smaller side. I'm sorry but whether you are getting a reduction or implants, your breasts are no longer natural. And while I realize that it may be hard to get someone's breasts exactly the same size, they should at the very least be close. I had the breast reduction because I had been having back pain for years and had always been very self conscious about being so heavy chested. Always wearing bigger sized shirts so people wouldn't be staring. While I am thankful the back pain is gone, now I am just as self conscious about the VERY obvious size difference. I didn't go through the pain of the procedure to have it turn out this way either. I know that with any surgery there is a risk of infection. I wouldn't have had an issue with the complications of my abdominal incision IF he had at least listened to my concerns instead of blowing me off. Since my surgery I have talked to and heard of other patients of Brantners that have said how nice he was at the initial visit but after surgery they have had similar or worse experiences or complications. In each case he was very condescending to the patient and seemed very uncaring. He had commercials on TV that claimed "excellent patient care and individualized service are top priority to Dr. Brantner and his staff. Dr. Brantner strives to create a look that is both beautiful and natural." Beautiful??? If I weren't so self conscious I would include pictures. The staff was AWESOME. Very nice and friendly. As for Brantner, I would NOT recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted June 19, 2016

I recently had liposuction by Dr. Branter and I'm not entirely sure how I feel. In my consultation I was told I was a good candidate because my skin was firm enough. At my 1 day post op visit, I was informed I would most likely need a lift on my lower stomach and upper arms. I feel a little misled, because I would have opted to do this in the first place. My other issue is the lack of concern. One of my incision sites is infected. I was told I would be fine, and ended up going to another doctor. He says there may be potential skin loss! Before my surgery I read lipo may cause lumps, which would need massaged. Both the nurse and Dr. Branter assured me this wouldn't happen. But here I am, with several lumps on arm and stomach. I asked if I should massage them and was told no. After consulting with other surgeons online, I was told absolutely yes! Part of the issue is dr. Branter gives an answer without actually looking at the problem.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2013

I had a breast reduction Jan 4, 2012. I am 1 yr post op and can' t believe how wonderful, perky and perfect I look. My scars are barely visable and I was back to work n 2 weeks. Dr. Brantner and his staff are wonderful, I recovered quickly and would recommend them to everyone.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2013

dr brantner is capable to do good work. It seems however that he has a "it is good enough" attitude. People go to a plastic surgeon to begin with because they do not think that they have "it good enough". Maybe it was just my experience but it seems that he has a tendency to do one side better than the other. I finally had to go to another dr and pay full price to fix a procedure dr brantner did and "tried to fix 3 times". which means more down time every time it is repeated. I think if you are going to be a plastic surgeon detail is important. I would not recommend

flag | Submitted December 22, 2012

I have a severe skin issue and Dr Branter did some reconstructive work in 2008. I was very pleased with his results. A few weeks ago I went for skin removal after bariatric surgery because it was ggravating the hidrenitis. I was very shocked at the rudeness of his Nurse. Even though she was aware of my condition, she kept insisting that my insurance would not pap for the skin removal. When Dr. Branter came into the room, he changed all the wording she had put in the computer and assured me that the hidrentitis issue would be taken care of, he then sent me to Debbie the lady who files the insurance and i was informed that for the most part my insurance paid for most anything. I think his nurse if very unprofesional, but Dr. Branter and his other staff are the best, I would recommend them to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2012

I had a breast reduction in December 2010. It was a painful recovery but was worth every bit of it. I love my results and found Dr. Brantner and his staff to be amazing. I had an issue with dehydration and Dr. Brantner not only took my husband's call on Christmas Eve but offered to go to the hospital if I felt that was necessary. I followed his instructions and felt much better by the next day. I would defianatly recommend him to anyone wanting this type of surgery.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2011

I got a breast augmentation almost 4 years ago. I was very happy with the results and after all this time I'm still very happy with them. I went from a 34A to about 34C. Dr. Brantner and his staff were wonderful. I would do it again in a heartbeat. I had an easy recovery. I've had 2 other people that I know go to him after my procedure. I would highly recommend Dr. Brantner for any of your plastic surgery needs/wants!!! He and his staff answered any questions or concerns that I had and I knew exactly what I was going to be waking up with. Everything was explained nicely. The only thing that I suggest is to take your own pictures of you before. Although they took my picture before, the camera had messed up that week and I have no before pictures :( But the after results are what counts the most. Very satisfied! I recommend!!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2010

Dr. Jim N. Brantner's Credentials

• Emory University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)