Ratings for Dr. Jacqueline M. Amico

I’ve been going to Dr. Amico for years and recommend patients to her practice. There seems to be problems with office staff. Every time you go there someone is new. What’s up with that? There is a lady who’s been there for years who can make you feel uncomfortable. I’ve seen her snap at patients well as myself. Yes, you do have a wait when you come to see her. Botton line the doctor is great, caring, and has good bedside matters. I will continue to see her, because she’s knowledgeable and cares about me as a patient.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2018

Dr. Amico is caring and intelligent. My husband and I are patients of hers and are very happy with the service and Care we receive.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2017

My first office visit took 2 1/2 hours, and I was almost late for work. I had type written my list of medications and also wrote it on their forms. Three of my medications were prescribed incorrectly. I called the office to again explain the mistake. I was informed I would have to pick up the corrected script. When I arrived at the office, the manager informed me I would have to wait until the doctor reviewed my chart that evening. I told him I wanted to speak with the doctor and did not feel I should have to wait and return to the office since it was their error. Also I needed the medication that day. He finally gave me a new script. I never did receive a phone call from the doctor and will never return to Dr. Amico's office again.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2015

Good doctor, sometimes goes overboard with unnecessary testing. Be prepared to wait a long time, sometime up to 1-2 hours after scheduled appointment. Have walked out due to excessive wait times. Switched to another doctor because of this.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2014

I have been a patient for years. I feel my individual needs are not being met as well I suspect patient overload? My appointments usually takes at least 2 weeks to get a appointment.Lately I always have to wait at least 1.5 hours because always behind.I use to not mind this because it seemed as she would spend time with me when she would see me but now it seems I wait and she is rushed. Last I checked she was still acepting new patients but I feel it could affect patients care if she already has to many as it is? Someone with no doctors knowlege usually calls me to reads my test results and so forth so I really can not get any my questions answered about my test results because they do not know how to answer them therefore if I have questions I have to setup another appointment.I get the feel that the staff in unhappy for some reason. I feel one lady in the staff can come off as rude. These are my opinions and I think my care needs better attended to and can deffinately use improvement.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2012

I have been a patient here for 10+ years. Dr Amico was unable to diagnose colon cancer even though I saw her nearly 20 times with chronic stomach pain. That said I remained her patient afterwards for minor health issues. EVERY time you go you will be waiting so clear an entire day if your appointment is after noon. Today my appointment was at 1pm (an appointment they made me make to get a synthroid prescription, even though I have been on it for years) They took me right back at 1 but left me in the room for well over 90 minutes. I actually had to come out to see if they had forgotten me. When I complained to Dr Amico she basically said "too bad". This was extremely unprofessional as is leaving people waiting for nearly two hours. It happens EVERY SINGLE TIME. Whatever time your appointment is for you will not see a Dr for at least an hour after that. Today was the final straw and I will never go back. They should be embarrassed by this but they arent. They really believe that its ok.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2011

Dr. Amico and Staff are wonderful. Extremely caring practice.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2010

Very sincere, personable, thorough. I come away happy knowing she really cares about my well being. I have been seeing her for several years and wouldn't change.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2009

Dr. Amico has been my primary doctor for several years and I have successfully referred several patients to her. A key reason for my confidence in Dr. Amico is her ability to listen, consider my input regarding my medical treatment, and her focus on awareness and healthy choices. Do I plan for a "wait time" to see her? Yes, I do so knowing she will focus on me when it is my turn. I highly recommend this physician.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2008

Woman , get a life!!! UHC is the cheapest plan. You cannot get good service these days paying a doctor with plans like that. Pay cash and get better service.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2008

Dr. Jacqueline M. Amico's Credentials

• Wright State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)