Ratings for Dr. George Plitas

Dr Plitas is caring, respectful, listens, and great surgeon

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

Dr Plitas is the rare combination of intelligence , compassion and humility. He always had spoken to us, never down to us or over our heads. And he not only listens he cares about what you are saying!

flag | Submitted November 7, 2016

Dr. Plitas is exceptionally knowledgeable, skillful and caring. During office visits he always sits down and is prepared to discuss all my concerns, not in a hurry, and also make himself available afterwards for additional questions. After neoadjuvant chemotherapy my scans showed unexpected calcifications which necessitated a bigger surgery than originally hoped for. Dr. Plitas explained the reasons gently but was rightfully firm about the path forward. He is an excellent surgeon that made sure all suspicious lymph nodes were examined during surgery. In my case, right after the surgery, Dr. Plitas felt that I may benefit from some additional form of therapy, made the suggestion to my medical oncologist and it was implemented. Additionally, Dr. Plitas is very big on quality of life after cancer treatment; he gives his time and attention counseling patients to ensure life returns to normalcy. I am very grateful for Dr. Plitas and the excellent team at the MSK Breast Service that have provided the finest care and put me on the road to recovery – H. Huie

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

George is brilliant with encyclopedic knowledge of cancer but can explain it so simply his bedside manner is beyond warm - he cares, hugs, talks and walks the extra mile for you. His survival skill was phenomenal - breast conserving was just that. Besides - I really think he'll cure cancer someday as a researcher.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015

Dr. Plitas, or George, as he likes to be called provided me with wonderful treatment. Skilled surgeon and a genuinely nice and caring person. I would certainly recommend Dr. Plitas.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

I an not convey how compassionate and reassuring Dr. Plitas was when I first met him. His kindness and confidence helped me thru a great deal of anxiety and uncertainties. His reassurance allowed me to let go step into this with faith and trust. He is a wonderful surgeon and a compassionate man. His skills and empathy are a credit to the medical profession.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014

I am so grateful to Dr. Plitas. I was diagnosed with early stage breast cancer in October, 2013 and words cannot express what a wonderful surgeon he is. I am so thankful he was my surgeon. He explained everything thoroughly and besides being a phenomenal surgeon, he is a very kind man.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2014

Dr. George Plitas's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2002)

Commercial Insurance Company