Ratings for Dr. William J. Phelan

I was really shocked to see the other review on this website for Dr.Phelan because I found him to be one of the best pediatricians I've ever met and w/4 kids I've met a lot. He had walk in hours practically every morning for 2 hrs when he would see anyone for any reason and I found him to be very informative. I would agree at first he can seem a bit abrasive and one might feel intimidated however I pushed on w/the conversations and questions and left there always feeling assured w/the care he provided. Due to insurance changes I had to leave the practice but having to take my children else where was the biggest disappointment I faced w/that change. I'd take my kids back to him in a heartbeat. He's been in the lehigh valley a long time and has a extensive amount of knowlege, he's one of the last good one's here in my opinion. He provides inexpensive meds in office that saved me a fortune and he doesn't over medicate or jump to conclusions, if you have the opportunity give him a chance.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2010

Dr Phelan, possess a condecending and down right unethical demeanor, esp w/women. Don't even think about questioning him, his ego won't stand for it. He effortlessly makes **** comments and encourages cc debt. He also has an office on Noble street, Kutztown, PA. He hasn't seen my children in years, yet his behavior is still, unfortunatly, vivid in my mind.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2007

I, would not recommend this Pediatrician to anyone. He would not see my child when I called for an appointment. I ended up taking my child to another wonderful compassionate Dr. who ended up admitting my child to a local hospital due to the severity of her illness. I would encourage anyone thinking about going there to ask other doctors or nurses in the area. Most do not recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2007

I would never recommend this pediatrican! He was my child's doctor for several years and there are reasons that I stayed with him; however, when he actually REFUSED to examine my child on the same day another doctor sent my child to Hershey for emergency surgery we had enough! We almost lost our child. He does not like to be questioned and has a terrible bedside manner. Please ask around even at hospitals for advice on choosing a pediatrician. Your child's life may be at risk.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2007

Dr. Phelan is a wonderful physician. He is kind, good humored, and very knowledgeable. He always takes the time to listen carefully to any questions and concerns. We love his staff too!!!

flag | Submitted June 24, 2006

Dr. William J. Phelan's Credentials

• Univ Of Pa Sch Of Med, Philadelphia Pa 19104 (Grad. 1973)