Ratings for Dr. Ian R. Hersh

I have been a patient of Dr. Hersh's for years. He is a great doctor, totally professional in addition to having a fantastic bedside manner. my issues with my feet are extreme. Where other doctors suggested amputation, Dr. Hersh, did not accept that my foot issues could not be fixed. He has saved my feet, and helped me and my family to continue on with a normal lifestyle. He is a lifesaver and a great guy. no one is betterthan he is at addressing foot issues. I have had multiple operations with other doctors before Dr. Hersh and did not get the results I needed, from doctors in 2 different states. Dr. Hersh definately saved my life the way I know it. Thanks Dr. Hersh, without yo my life would have been painful and depressing. Dr. Hersh you are the best.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2018

I have been under his care for a couple of years. Great Doctor and great man

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

I actually look forward to my doctor appointments with him!! He is an amazing person and Doctor !! He is very good at what he does, and always knows what is best, and always puts his patients' best interest into consideration. He's solved every problem I have ever gone to him for :) oh, and I love the girls in the office that work for him!! They're awesome, just like him!! -Christina

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Hersh for almost 5 years now! He is so personable and very knowledgeable. The moment I met him, he made me feel so comfortable and I automatically trusted him and we just clicked. He really listens to you, and is very thorough with his explanations, and goes through every option. I have had 2 different surgeries from him, and I refuse to see any other doctor besides him. I was in a head on car collision a few years ago and immediately my left ankle was swollen and was painful, they did an xray and found nothing. I was told it was probably sprained. My left ankle continued to bother me for over a year and nothing was done about it. I was a patient in Ani's office. Since it was a car accident, my car insurance would not cover the orthopedic. The pain management doctor at the time did an EMG of my lower left leg and discovered I had Tarsal Tunnel, but unfortunately there was nothing to be done. Then they got a new doctor in the office, who happened to be the perfect person for my problem - Dr. Ian Hersh. I was one of Dr. Hersh's first patients. I had told him my problem and that I was told it may require surgery, he said that since it is his first time meeting me, he didn't want to just tell me, yes- you need surgery- I am going to cut you open. He wanted to explore other options and make sure surgery would be the best option. I immediately trusted him and had an immediate connection with him, he is very likeable. I feel some doctors are so quick to cut you open, but not Dr. Hersh, and I really admired that. Turns out I did need surgery and he also fixed my plantar fasciitis. I had no more problems with my ankle after that surgery!! He had finally fixed my ankle, after years of unexplained pain. 3 years went by, and I wound up hurting the same ankle. So I went back to see my favorite doctor! I sprained it. After seeing him and him telling me it was sprained, he gave me a brace and I was to go back and see him in a few weeks. During those few weeks, I fell twice, but the fall that really messed me up was when I fell in a crack in the rocks of a jettie while fishing, and my ankle and foot was lodged in there and stuck and I fell, it twisted, and eventually we got my ankle out and it was immediately cut up and swollen and I couldn't walk. He then sent me for an MRI and it turned out I had multiple tears in my tendons and tendonosis pretty much all over my ankle. Again we were looking at potential surgery. After giving me an injection, a brace and other options to do while at home and rest, my ankle was still killing me. He had told me in the beginning that surgery was required to repair the tendons, but it was not a necessity if I was not in awful pain. He did say eventually it could tear more (especially because I am very clumsy and hurt it more after we found out it was torn) and it could bother me forever, or it could feel better with some shots and a brace and not being so active. This went on for months, so we decided surgery was my best option. I had tears on each side of my ankle, but we decided to just fix the peroneal tendon because the other tear was by my previous incision. He was very honest and said opening that incision back up could cause more damage with soft tissue, etc. Pretty much, it could do more harm. The outer part of my ankle bothered me more anyway so he said I would definitely benefit from that repair. I trust his judgement more than anything. I am now 3 weeks out of my surgery. Not only did he repair my tears in my tendon, he also repaired my muscle and reattached that. It was popping in and out of place, causing additional pain. I am now on the road to recovery and I am very happy I went and got these problems fixed. Dr. Hersh is the best doctor, and there is such a great doctor-patient relationship. He is very professional, but also a genuinely good person. My whole family loves him and he just makes everyone feel comfortable! I speak so highly of him to everyone, always, and would recommend him to anyone!! -Christina

flag | Submitted February 16, 2016

Top notch doctor. He really seems to care about your well being and explains everything in detail. I would agree with the other reviews on this site. Just about everyone in my family has been treated by him at one point or another and I have all good things to say. My daughter had surgery for bunions and I had an ankle scope. Both went fantastic. I will return with any problems.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2015

I was seen by Dr. Hersh to treat the fungus on my toe nail. Laser treatment was done quickly & efficiently, and the doctor was friendly and very personable. He answered all my questions, and put me at great ease. What really impressed me was his offering to take Xrays and going over the prevention of the problem I may have in a future when I mentioned about the pain that was not related to the toe nail treatment I was receiving. I have already recommended him to many of my friends and family. And my mom has already became his patient.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2014

I visited this doctor after a recommendation from a friend for heel pain that was intense. I am a runner and had to stop due to the intensity of the pain. He was very thorough and took his time. He walked me through a treatment plan and gave me non surgical options which was refreshing. I followed his plan and am very satisfied. I have been jogging without pain for 3 weeks now and am very relieved! Top notch doctor !

flag | Submitted October 4, 2014

Dr. Ian Hersh talks very gently. The Dr. explains the medical problem in detail and the solution to come out of it. He is never in hurry till we are satisfy to understand. He has a knowledge in what he is doing. His work is like a complete art work. I have a Hammer tor surgery two weeks back. My toe looks straight now. I am very happy , and looking foreword for my right toe toe surgery.If i have to give him a hundred stars i would give him, he deserves the BEST. Thank you Dr. Hersh and lots of Best wishes to you and your Family. You are the Best. Veena Purohit.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

Treated my neuroma with injections rather than surgery. I went from significant pain with every step I took to now not even thinking about it. 2 other doctors wanted to do surgery to remove it. Dr. Hersh really did a good job explaining both the problem and my options. Glad I went here.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2014

I slipped on the ice in my driveway and broke 2 bones in my ankle and ripped the ligament. Dr. Hersh did the surgery and did a great job. He put me at ease from the beginning. I would go here in the future without a doubt.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2014

Dr. Ian R. Hersh's Credentials

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2008)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal