Ratings for Dr. Stephen R. Damm

I love Dr Damm. He sees my whole family for a variety of issues and we just adore him .

flag | Submitted November 10, 2016

Dr. Damm is amazing. I am black female who has suffered with severe acne (face, chest, back, and shoulders) for nearly over 20 years with constant visits to a variety of doctor's. He has been the first and only doctor to help me see a an acne free face-- something that I stopped believing was possible. Try him out for yourself!

flag | Submitted September 5, 2015

I am black and have visited Dr. Damm several times with various skin problems and each visit he seems to talk around my diagnosis and wants to refer me to ANOTHER doctor. Im not sure if its because he doesnt get that many patients of color but I was sort of dissappointed after all 3 of my visits with him to where Ive just stopped going. I found a more useful doctor who runs Soderma Dermatology. Office technology is great in there and extremely helpful staff and the doctors there are by far more familiar with non-caucasian patients than Dr. Damm (its apparent soon as you walk in). Business is probably 5 times more busier and seems to be more precise in diagnosing you without hesitation and no referral to other doctors. I wont be going to see Dr. Damm again now that I've found this Soderma Office which is also in Laurel, MD.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

Dr. Damm diagnosed me with a glandular condition that sees me breakout irregularly and without any reason seemingly. It is a life-long condition and he prescribed a topical gel that seemed very effective treating the acne. As of recent, I have been financially unable to have this prescription filled, but I was lucky enough to not see any major breakouts...until last week. I was originally given over 30 refills, so imagine my surprise when I called it in to be filled and it was refused. "The doctor wants to see you first". Thinking this may be a misunderstanding, I called the office and was met with a rather irritable receptionist. "He won't call it (prescription) in. It's been two years since you've been in". I reassured her that I have a LIFE-LONG condition that is NOT going to change, per Dr. Damm's diagnosis. "Two years", is all she kept saying. I had a job interview and really needed something to clear this up because...let's face it...a face full of huge red welts is not the first impression I want to make. I explained this to this receptionist and even agreed to keep my appointment (scheduled for a week after the interview). "Two years", is all she kept saying. Great. I'm seeing another dermatologist. The doctor may or may not even be at fault here, but no one seemed to really care about anything except getting me there to collect money from me that I don't have and tell me, "Yup. Still got that condition."

flag | Submitted August 23, 2014

Dr. Damm, Is the best doctor I’ve ever had treating me. His staff is very kind and helpful. I now live in Arizona, but when I’m going to be in town on business I schedule an appointment with Dr. Damm for follow-up care.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2014

Dr Damm is one of the best. His receptionist, Stephanie, makes all the patients feel welcome I came to him and he corrected two misdiagnoses by other doctors

flag | Submitted April 13, 2014

I am 50, and I first went to Dr. Damn when I was 14 or 15 for severe acne. Over the years, he has been an outstanding doctor and my entire family has gone to him. There were times when I had an urgent need, and he said I could come in immediately and they worked me in. He is kind, cordial, listens carefully and answers your questions, and most of all, is extremely competent. All I can say is that he is great.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2014

Dr. Damm has helped me with my eczema on my forehead. I had thought it was skin skin cancer and found out it was eczema. He gave me a cream and it healed. It came back but I applied the cream again and it's clearing up. I was so, so worried and Dr.Damm immediately diagnosed what it was. He is very professional, quick, to the point and very helpful. I had some other questions that he gladly answered.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2013

Dr. Damm is AWESOME. After suffering for 8 years and through 4 dermatologist I had almost given up. I am really pleased with my experience that he cleared my acne in 3 months. He explained my issue and fixed my problem.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2012

Excellent dermatologist - he won't belittle your skin conditions and will explain all possible treatments. Too bad he only does medical and not cosmetic dermatology. But still recommend him b/c he wants your problem to resolve, not to make a buck of your wallet/insurance.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2011

Dr. Stephen R. Damm's Credentials

• Loyola University Of Chicago, Stritch School Of Medicine (Grad. 1972)

Top Hospitals in Laurel, MD