Ratings for Dr. Richard F. Butz

Dr. Butz was the most professional doctor I have ever seen and I will be a professional eyecare patient for life! I came in for a pair of glasses that I have went to 4 other offices to have made, and they were never able to get my prescription right, and kept telling me I needed to adapt to them. Finally I say Dr. Butz and first time was able to get glasses the clearest I have EVER been able to see. They also have an amazing frame selection brands carried no where else in Naperville! I also brought my daughter in with pink eye, and he was so down to earth he gave me his cell phone number in case I had questions or concerns over the weekend. The staff also explained my insurance to me in a way no one had ever taken the time to before. Needless to say if you haven't gone here yet, your missing out.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2013

Went to Dr. Butz office to get exam and new pair of glasses this past July. I picked out a pair of frames (Fendi $400.00) and had them put lenses into them. I also purchased a pair of sunglasses. They had to remake the lenses for both the glasses as well as the sunglasses about 4 times each. Since I need progressive lenses I asked Dr. Butz if it might be because the frames are too small. He said no. I asked for my money back but purchased the frames and went to Wheaton Eye Clinic. As soon as they saw the frames they said that the frames were too small to handle my presc. I called back Dr. Butz's office and was told that was not the case and they refused to let me return them. "We sent them to 2 different labs" is what I was told. I think that if 2 different labs couldn't do it that proves that the frames are too small. I emailed his office and his response was...."Sorry for your fustration, we wish you luck in the future". Nice way to do business!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2013

Dr. Butz is always very thorough and in depth, he has clear concern for your vision and comfort AND overall eye health.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2010

Dr. Butz completely ignored my concerns about seeing double vision with my new contacts and said they were just fine for my eyes, insisting that I wear them for at least 8 hours a day. I began experiencing increased blurred vision and dizzines from the time I left the office. I was so dizzy four hours later I had to call Perforssional Eyecare. The staff told me that he would call me back and talk to me (he was busy at the time). However, Dr. Butz did not even bother speaking to me, just instructed me through a staff member to stop wearing the contacts. This was the same man who insisted that the pair of contacts he prescribed will help me see things clear enough and CORRECTED me when I said I saw double vision. I don't know how he is so arrogantly sure of himself when my eyes are on me.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2010

Waited an HOUR AND FORTY MINUTES for a scheduled appt!! Have been patients for several years - Will NOT continue to be patients.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2010

Dr. Butz is polite and helpful and appears to know what he is doing. Exam was efficient and complete, including more careful attention to any potential eye health problems than my previous doctor. His office staff is similarly pleasant to customers. I chose cheaper glasses because I didn't need some of the extras he suggested. However, that was no problem. They were accommodating and listened and responded to my requests.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2007

Dr. Butz is friendly and helpful. He takes his time with each patient so that you don't feel rushed. His staff is very professional and friendly. Eye care is nice and easy with Dr. Butz.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2006

Dr. Richard F. Butz's Credentials

• Illinois College Of Optometry At Chicago (Grad. 1983)

Top Hospitals in Naperville, IL