Ratings for Dr. Lynn Cao

My oldest has seen Dr. Cao for 10 years. He is almost 14. She has helped him through her practice and appropriate referrals through some incredibly tough times. He has ADHD/Depression and she knows her stuff!!! My youngest is 5 and has only ever seen Dr. Cao. I refer all of my friends and family to her office and have yet to regret it. She is the best doctor I have ever had the pleasure of working with. I only wish she saw adults because I have had little luck in finding a doctor I like as much for myself.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2015

She is the worst doctor!!! She shared personal medical information about my children which violated the HIPPA policy. She should not be able to practice!

flag | Submitted January 3, 2015

Dr. Cao is very concern with the children's well-being and has the best bedside manners I have ever seen. I live over an hour away just for Dr. Cao. The staff at her office are very friendly and are helpful.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

Dr.Cao has been responsive, reliable, and of integrity since she became my kids' provider in 2007. She is detailed where it matters and will refer if the issue is beyond her scope of practice. Staff is proficient and professionally pleasant. Dr.Cao takes time to identify source of the problem and has consistently rendered effective treatment. Favorable ratings for Dr.Cao and staff are based on her practices and delivery of care. I am grateful and fortunate my children have access to quality care. Others with differing opinions do well in seeking a provider whose personality and manner are more to their liking.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2013

I must say, Dr. Lynn Cao is one of the most helpful and knowledgeable pediatric doctors I have ever met in my entire life! She is sharp, professional, patient, and very caring with both of my kids. My 12 year old stepson had been battling with behavior issues for a LONG time. He had seen 3 different so called ADHD “specialist” who could not give us a direct diagnosis for his problems. We found Dr. Cao and brought him to her in hopes she would help us out and she was able to not only to accurately diagnose him but also put him on the right dosage of medication!! Her ADHD program runs smoothly and she is very concern for her ADHD patients. He is brought in every 3 months for assessments to make sure the medicine is working and evaluate how he is progressing in school he from being literally an F student to now being an honors straight As! Dr. Lynn Cao is like an Angel fallen from the sky and would highly recommend her to anyone! She also treats my 2 year old! Awesome doc!

flag | Submitted December 16, 2011

WHY IS THIS DOCTOR OFFICE NOT OPEN ON THE WEEKEND! MAJOR DOWNFALL!! OTHERWISE, MY KIDS LOVE THE DOCTOR, THE RECEPTIONIST NEEDS TO BE MORE FRIENDLY BY SMILING AND GREETING. NURSES SEEM VERY PLEASANT.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2011

Terribly rude Doctor. She is overpowering and does not listen to any of my concern. I had to take my child to the emergency room over something she downplayed and then yelled at me over taking him there! If you like a Doctor who is a GOD in a white coat (OR LIKES TO THINK THAT) this is the right place for you. She was yelling in front of my kids was rude and unprofessional. I would not take my pet there!

flag | Submitted July 5, 2011

I always saw Kelly Osborne, not Dr. Cao, but was charged the same amount. I believe if I pay to see a doctor then I should have a visit with the doctor. I was making payments on an outstanding bill and she refused to see my sick daughter. I had to take her to another physician because I could not pay the total of the outstanding bill that I was currently up to date on the payments with. I believe her heart is in the wrong place (my wallet).

flag | Submitted February 8, 2011

I can't say enough great things about Lynn and her staff except I unconditionally recommend her/them. I have never, in 5 years, waited more than 10 min and it's almost always less than 5. Reina, her nurse, cried with me when my youngest had her Kindergarten physical because "our" baby was starting school. She not only listens she HEARS. My son is autistic and ADHD and my daughter is typical but has had minor health issues. Lynn is equally excellent with both of them. She is NOT hard to understand. She is right to the point which some people don't like- but I prefer reality and honesty. Once when one of the kids had to be treated at Inova Children's, she called there every day for updates and even called me while we were still admitted. I'd say I couldn't believe it, but that's how she is. If labs are a concern, she will call you from her own home to reach you if need be. I feel lucky to have her especially for my ASD/ADHD child. She is an integral part of his success.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2011

She is excellent with my 7 year old, who has ADHD. I will not go anywhere else!

flag | Submitted September 16, 2010

Dr. Lynn Cao's Credentials

• Va Commonwealth Univ, Med Coll Of Va Sch Of Med, Richmond Va 23298 (Grad. 1999)