Ratings for Dr. Shawn M. Hamilton

He doesnt talk much an is quiet. But he sure knows what he is doing an uses the newest technology..I will diff go back..

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

I have had dental work done by Dr. Shawn Hamilton for four years now and have been impressed by his ability to handle the dental work I have need of as well as help me with finding alternative methods of teeth repair. He is very flexible to the needs of his patients and has done several tooth repairs without the anesthetics due to my health needs. I am impressed with his abilities.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Shawn for the last year or so and I have had nothing but great experiences with him. He has done a couple crowns and some front fillings for me that look completely natural and feel great. I was sad to see the other not so good reviews, because I think he's a fabulous dentist who is very knowledgeable. I use to see his Father who is also a great doc, but I switched over to Dr. Shawn when I had an emergency appointment. He just seemed to really care about my problem and took the time to explain everything that was going on. I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone that needs a great dentist!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2012

This is one of the worst experiences I have had with a dentist. He was bumbling over his words and acting nervous, the whole time he was speaking with me. I had a toothache, and I came in to see if I needed a root canal. About halfway through our conversation it became obvious that he was not at all confident about doing a root canal. He was so unsure and awkward about what he was saying, there was no way I was going to let him touch my teeth. He knew that antibiotics would not solve the problem in the long run, but he kept giving me that option over and over. He seemed very relieved when I agreed just to take a prescription for antibiotics and leave. He just really gives off the impression that he doesn't know what he is talking about. I am just not willing to pay a lot of money for an important procedure to a dentist that has no confidence in his course of treatment. They said I couldn't see the other dentist for two weeks- not okay when you are in pain.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2012

Got two fillings. Cleanings were fine. He was too timid for my taste (would back down on recommend treatments if I asked questions). Cut gums while filling teeth. Just moved out of state and found out from new dentist that he did not remove all of my decay before filling tooth. Now my new dentist has to refill those teeth. Stinks because if he had done one tooth right the first time I wouldn't have to be getting a crown this time around. Was nice to be able to get appointment on a saturday. Not worth it anymore. Wish I had never gone to him.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2011