Ratings for Dr. Vanessa M. Miller

Had surgery for abdominal block. I felt I was low man on the totem pole because of my insurance. Was in the hospital way to long and feel like this should have been handled differently. My NG tube was incorrectly inserted and was in pain until one NURSE believed me and corrected the problem. Dr Miller saw me twice after the surgery then sent in an "associate" the rest of the time I was there (7more days) if she fixed me (which I hope she did) Great. If not, going legal. She should work on social skills more than what's in it for her and how to abuse the underpaid poor people's insurance companies...

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

Had surgery with Dr Miller in April 2015. She was great overall but did seem annoyed when I called her back with questions. Beware of Shelly in her front office. She is my complaint. I understand that Dr. Miller might be biased to her which might be why she gets away with the way she treats patients. She will be kind while you're in office but is very rude and condescending over the phone. I had to call every couple of weeks to follow up on scheduling/billing. A few times she claimed she didn't say one thing vs another so after the first conversation I decided to record all conversations with her. Twice she tried to give me medical advice and/or recommendations of what medication to take prior to the surgery. Obviously she is not the doctor so I asked for a call back from Dr. Miller. When she finally called me back she advised against what Shelly said and apologized. I was 100% aware that Shelly was not the doctor and only ran the office side so I stuck with Dr Miller. I am very pleased with the surgery but I will agree that Dr Miller's bedside manner needs to improve. After the post op visit she told me to follow up with my primary doctor if I had questions and that I shouldn't call her office. I'm sure they were sick of my follow up calls but waiting for three weeks for a call back is not acceptable in my book. I know Dr. Miller is a new surgeon but she is also a great surgeon. I would recommend her, just make sure you ask all of your questions during the first visit and try to be as patient as you can with Shelly. Or you can always call back when Shelly is out of the office and speak with Maria. Maria was very kind and friendly every time and got things done right away. With all that said, thank you Dr. Miller for giving me my life back!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

Dr. Miller performed surgery on my left shoulder just a few days ago and I'm already feeling better She knew to leave the wound a little more open than usual so that I could pack it easily and the work is very nicely done. She was very nice and took the time to explain things to me. Doctor Miller was also very professional and quick. I had my surgery the next morning after being admitted to the hospital. I would definitely recommend her.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015

Dr Miller was a lifesaver. I was admitted to the hospital after days of abdominal discomfort and Dr. Miller looked at my tests and recommended a simple surgical procedure. She was knowledgeable, kind & professional. I was out of the hospital in no time and back to my normal activities within the week. I would highly recommend Dr. Miller... without hesitation!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2015

I was recently hospitalized for an obstructed bowel. The condition was very painful and required surgery to correct. After reviewing my X-rays and examining me she was able to begin the procedure within an hour. She is very professional, caring, and considerate of my condition. She completed the surgery flawlessly. She then met with my wife and I explained what she found and how she fixed it. Recovery went smoothly and I was soon back to 100%. Dr Miller is an outstanding surgeon and a wonderful person and she will be the one I call if I ever need surgery again.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

What did she write the review because no one has anything good to say? She has the worst bedside manners. She is rude and arrogant. She makes you feel like your taking up her time she will just walk out of the room and not say by or that she is done with the conversation. This was the worst experience I ever received. NEVER WILL RECOMMEND HER TO ANYONE. ..she has only been practicing a year she has a lot to learn...I feel for anyone who come is contact with her...she needs to take the chip off her shoulder. .she has a lot to learn. You need to watch how you treat people. YOU HAVE No Compassion Your Blinded By Your Title get over it....Karma........

flag | Submitted December 13, 2014

First visit I waited 2 hours to see her. Post op abscess in wound.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2014

Dr Miller is so awesome!! She is very down-to-earth. She is not arrogant like a lot of surgeons. She has a very high surgery success rate with a low infection rate. She is very friendly. She will take the time to ask all of your questions and concerns. All of the hospital staff that I encountered had nothing but praises about Dr Miller. They all said she was the best surgeon!! She is the best. You will not be disappointed!

flag | Submitted July 31, 2014