Ratings for Dr. Amanda R. Lea

This is a review of Dr Lea's staff and follow up of problems more than of Dr Lea herself. That said, the doctor is responsible for her staff and the patients have to deal with the staff she uses. I called for a first time appt, wellness check up. Staff never told me it would not be covered. I liked Dr Lea just fine but weeks later was shocked to receive a notice from my ins that visit not covered. Apparently the office staff knew all along it was not a wellness visit. It was going to be coded as a diagnostic visit and as such would not be covered but be out of pocket since my deductible has not been met. Now a routine ckup that had I stayed with my previous doctor would have cost me nothing, is billing me over $250 for dr and labs. Dr Lea's staff did eventually offer an apology for their deficiency in explaining their charges for first time visits but offered no remedy. I will be filing a complaint against this office with my ins company but I don't know what good it will do when a Dr may not even know how her staff handles complaints. I am using this forum to see if Dr Lea is aware.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015

Yes, I do agree with every commentor here in saying that Dr. Lea is in fact amazing. She actually listens to you, does not rush your visit, and dedicates your appointment time to you totally. She is the best physician I have ever had, and was actually devastated when I went in for my appointment and she was gone. I have been looking for her ever since. I have a tip from my GYN office that she is still practicing and that one of their patients has her on Humana insurance. If anyone finds her please please please post!! Never another like her and she is a 10 star physician!!

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

I loved dr lea she was nice and knows what she doing dint kno wat happen but ill recommend anyone to her she listen to you and try her best to help with your health problems if anyone know were she relocated at please let me know thank ......she's a 5 star Physician

flag | Submitted November 27, 2014

Dr. Amanda Lea is an amazing doctor and her staff was very helpful and nice when I went there I would surely recommend her to others!!!!😊😏

flag | Submitted October 4, 2014

I moved to Zachary nearly a year ago from Houston. I have had difficulty finding a doctor here. So glad to have discovered Dr. Lea's office. From the start, her office staff was friendly and able to get me in quickly. Dr. Lea was really nice and easy to talk to. She made my diagnosis easy to understand and explained thoroughly.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2013

Dr. Lea is an amazing woman. She knows what she's doing. Dr. Lea never tries to tell you what to do but lays your options out for you and gives you her expert opinion on the issue. I would recommend her to any adult looking for a better experience.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2013

Dr. Amanda Lea is a great physician. She see's patients in an ample amount of time. She's very thorough when dealing with her patients. If you are in the Zachary area, make an appt to see her.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2013

Dr. Amanda R. Lea's Credentials

• Kansas City University Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 2006)

Beech Street Corporation