Ratings for Dr. Richard M. Groom

I will never recommend him. He removed my uterus, tubes and ovaries vaginally and since then my intimacy with my husband ended. No desire, no climax now for over twenty years!! He was impossibly rude when I complained about this.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2017

Staff is very slow, sometimes I would stand at the window forever. They would call me to reschedual my appmt because Dr. Groom had an emergency and then the girl would leave me on hold for 8 min, I would lose the call and no one would ever call me back until the next day when I called them! There was miss communication regarding my payments..one time they could not "find" me in their system and Iv only seen Dr. Groom a total of 3 times threw out my pregnancy. Stephanie is awesome, spunky and knowledgeable! I'm sure there is worse out there,but this is my first pregnancy and I just expected more.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2013

Horrible Punctuality!!!!! If this is any indication of the type of care he gives, I wouldn't give it much hope. It is difficult to assess what kind of doctor he is since I was not able to get in to see him. I tried three times. Twice I waited for over an hour in the waiting room ( I was on time both occassions and had filled out all my paperwork online before the appointments) before I ran out of time and had to go and the other time they decided to call me a few minutes before my appointment, as I was in the parking lot, telling me he was not in that day. I am looking for someone else for my health care needs. I am not sure how he treats his old patients, but new patients are not made to feel important at all.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2012

I had my app for the annual with he's assistant Stephanie she is the best RN ever , she listens and answers all the questions plus is very sweet and gentle with the process of the pap I love her!!

flag | Submitted July 27, 2012

I have gone to Dr. Groom for years. While you may have to wait for him, he takes his time, he is very thorough, and he is supremely competent. Of major importance: he listens. The needed follow-up and feed back from him were prompt, complete, and so appreciated. This came on the heels of another physician who couldn't/wouldn't return phone calls with serious test results leaving me in the lurch. I was so fortunate to have Dr. Groom as my specialist -- he made things happen and communicated with us. It is obvious on all counts that he truly cares about his patients. I highly recommend him -- he is worth whatever wait time may occur.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2012

Dr groom has a lot of pregnant patients so be prepared for a lobby full of kids, expectant mothers and their husbands. Be patient and have lots of time wait hours can exceed 1 hour. Overall dr groom is very good and very knowledgable. I have been seeing him for over 5 years and saw his partner prior to that.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2012

I do not recommend Dr. Groom if you are looking for a doctor to discuss your birth control needs. If you are having a baby and he will make money from you then his office is all about helping you, but not at all interested in helping patients with general gynocology. I went in for a pap on a Monday. I wanted the Mirena IUD or another form of birth control that would fit my needs. They needed to check on my insurance. Two days later I called back and they said my insurance would not cover the IUD. They said I could go buy a Mirena on my own (from where I have no clue) and they would insert it for $1000. Made no sense and was very bizzare. Then I asked about other forms of birth control and they said I would need to make another appointment and pay out of pocket to get a perscription for any birh control. I was just in for a pap two days prior, but they wanted me to pay for another visit to get a bc perscription. Sketchy practice. Will never go back.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2011

I liked Dr. Groom a lot through the beginning of my pregnancy. After he met my husband though,he seemed threatened when my husband would ask questions and I felt like my care was compromised every time my husband was around. Additionally, after I had the baby, I had a lot of problems that I didn't feel were addressed timely enough or well enough by Dr. Groom. His staff was friendly and helpful through the process.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2010

Dr Groom delivered my first baby. I had many complications. He was such an amazing Dr. I had my son naturally and Dr. Groom was very supportive of that. I highly recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2009

Dr. Groom is the best Dr. I have ever had. He delivered my daughter in 2003 after only seeing me a few times before my due date. From then on he has been with me through ups and downs, surgeries and anything that has come my way. I recently had a very difficult pregnancy and Dr. Groom made it as good as it possibly could be. He never made me feel stupid with numerous trips to the hospital and was always willing to talk to me and see me as much as I felt I needed to. I can truly say that his expertise, caring and genuine personality is what got my son here safely and kept my husband and I from losing our minds. I would recommend him to anyone who asks and would't go to anyone else!!! We Love Dr. Groom!!!

flag | Submitted August 9, 2009

Dr. Richard M. Groom's Credentials

• Univ Of Wa Sch Of Med, Seattle Wa 98195 (Grad. 1984)