Ratings for Dr. Henry P. Parkman

Dr patkerman is the best nicest knowledgeable doctor a doctor is not ur best friend doesn't have to give u a big hug but he knows the most from all doctors I have seen

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

To bad he does not reply to e_mails even though the patient portal says 2 to 3 business days you will get a response yea ok.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

I am a new patient and spoke with Madison who stated I needed to send medical notes for the reason to see dr. parkman prior to scheduling and when I was still talking she hung up on me. Guess what... not going to that office. I know its philly but your business is open because you see patients... NOT this patient I'll go else where.. Tell your staff not to hang up on clients or future clients.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

THE ABSENT MINDED PROFESSOR This guy (wouldn't even call him a doctor) is from out of space! He always is saying give me your symptoms but don't give me too many. He never reads any reports that you send him or any other reports that any of your other doctors send him. He doesn't like questions asked. He is too busy typing on his computer and doesn't like to look at you or doesn't like to listen to you. I went to him - had some tests done - I am worse now then before I started seeing him. He doesn't remember much. I had to supply all of my paperwork to him, which he already had and didn't bother to look at it. And if you ask him more than he can handle, he says if you want me to treat you - no more questions. What kind of quack is this? I've been to several GI doctors - and he is the worse. I was recommended by another GI doctor to go to him (some GI doctors don't know him at all). Wait until I go back to my GI doctor and let him know what kind of quack this guy is.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Parkman for 9 years. I have a GES, a Jejeunostomy Tube, and had a Pyloroplasty. I've been in several studies of his. Without his research some people wouldn't be alive. He has taken excellent care of me since 2008. I've been inpatient at TUH 3 times and Dr.Parkman has always come to see me every day. He's a great doctor and he truly cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2017

Excellent Dr. Very knowledgeable spends time with you and really listens to your concerns B well worth the travel.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Parkman since 2008. I wouldn't be alive today if it wasn't for him. If it wasn't for his data collection and research, many people would not survive gastroparesis. In order to effectively treat there must be research and data collection. Thank you, Dr.Parkman!!

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

My daughter has been seeing him for a few years unfortunately each visit proves more disappointing than the last. He I more interested in his testing data collection than actually helping patients. MY daughter was in TU for 2 weeks with a gastro flare up, much to my surprise, HE DOES NOT SEE HIS PATIENT IN HIS HOSPITAL. He belongs in a lab working with rats. Unfortunately he does know he field just doesn't care. Rather than stars his rating should be in bullets and I think 5 would be his number. Furthermore I went to Hopkins to get a different opinion, they all told me to go back to Parkman, that's who they follow, what a crime.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

He's very knowledgable, very thorough and very likeable

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

I have seen Dr. Parkman for a year now. I actually started with Dr. Fischer. Dr. Fischer suggested I get the pacemaker for my Gastroparesis issues. I signed the papers and at surgery I met Dr. Parkman. He sort of took over my case. I too met Venessa. She was only twice with me. Just sort of helped set up things for Dr. Parkman. I never had to wait when I come for a visit. Only once I did, but for the most I never really have to wait long. He has been always helpful and answers my questions. If I need refills for medication he gives them to me. I came to him knowing that I already had Gastroparesis so I didn't have to go through all the tests. I did that with my local doctors in NJ. I do commute two hours to see him. There are so few doctors in our area who know anything of GP. The doctor who diagnosed me with GP new very little in general and when he did not no what to do with me sent me to Dr. Fischer. He was actually an acquaintance of him. So now I have only one doctor my NJ doctor did not want to see me anymore more because I have Dr. Parkman now as my doctor. I have the pacemaker now almost a year. I had no complications from the surgery. I did have it done at Temple University Hospital. I have had four adjustments. I suffer from constant vomiting that is my worst symptom and nausea, early satisfaction from eating. For the most you have to give him a chance. He knows a lot more than most doctors I have seen. One visit will not cure Gastroparesis. It has no real cure. So you got to find ways to get around it.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2014

Dr. Henry P. Parkman's Credentials

• Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal