Ratings for Dr. Andrew R. Insardi

It is unfortunate some people with inferior dental knowledge simply do not have the ability to recognize superior dental work.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

Overcharges 3-4x's other dentist, bills are not discussed but brushed over to be discussed at a later date. I had three root canals done, one of which had a live nerve and instead of using gas he decided to inject me over 10x's. Additionally I have TMJ, which he knew, nevertheless he still had me with a block in my mouth forcing it open for over an hour. A few years later one crown dislodged, the other had to be extracted and an implant put in its place, and the third is also set to be extracted. He should have his license revoked. Let's not even get into the billing nightmare.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Excellent dentist! Passionate about his work! Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

I am a 29 year old male and have been suffering from many many dental issues my entire life. The past few years have been the most painful, both physically and emotionally. I finally decided enough is enough and was referred to Dr, Insardi by a close friend, and although apprehensive at first... made my first appointment. Upon my arrival, the entire staff at Dr. Insardi's office was incredibly friendly, informative, and knowledgeable. Every step of the way I was told what was happening and why. I suffer from frequent anxiety and was dreading any one being that close to my face, nevermind IN my mouth.. but again, the staff made me feel 100% at ease and never did I feel self conscious. You can tell they truly love what they do and treat you as a person needing help rather than a patient needing a service. Dr. Insardi promised me he would not only get me back to optimum oral health, but also give me a great smile. I just came back from my 2nd appointment and much to my surpise, the one major tooth in front which has caused me to cover my face and trying not to laugh for the past few years.. is FIXED! I feel like a new man after a pain-free root canal and crown. I can finally open my mouth and not feel the entire world is staring at me. Although I have a long journey ahead of me... I cannot imagine walking this path with anyone else but Dr. Insardi and his talented staff. Thank you Dr. Insardi!

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

Minor work was needed and he created work by causing 2 unwarranted root canals. All I needed was slight bonding on 2 front teeth and he whittled them down to toothpicks creating an exposed nerve, 2 roots canals and 2 caps. I have city dental insurance and you can submit your claims and they review them and then you are reimbursed for what the city allows.. My claims examiner advised me to report him to the Disciplinary Dental Review board.. Unfortunately unethical dentists can charge anything they want and Insardi created the work and overcharged me 4 times more than what other dentists would charge. There was never any discussion about the cost and when I tried to have a discussion about it he flew into a rage. If you value your smile and your wallet please never go to this person. He is not worthy of being called a dentist.

Submitted October 23, 2014

Here is how Dr. Insardi appears to work: 1) You come in with a problem 2) A treatment plan is *never* written prior/during your treatment until AFTER your dental work is finished by him(which could take weeks of coming back depending on the type of "problem" you have, of course. 3)You will walk out with UNEXPECTED, UNFORESEEN, UNEXPLAINED and UNPLANNED dental work with a bill equivalent to a MORTGAGE PAYMENT! Insardi charges nearly 3x the amount of "standard" dental procedures that MAY or MAY NOT HAVE BEEN NEEDED!!! Price is never discussed prior to dental work, either. In my opinion, to which I am entitled to, this man is a typical doctor who drills for the money and takes advantage of those who are young, elderly, and just plain afraid of having their teeth fall out. If you are one of those patients who values their smile and takes care of your teeth religiously, he will play on those fears and perform unnecessary dental procedures to make an extra buck.

Submitted May 30, 2013

DO NOT GO TO Dr. Insardi. He does substandard work and charges four times more than any other dentists. Much higher than a Manhattan dentist. His work is inferior. His attitude superior. Do not trust him on any level. His license should be revoked.

Submitted May 20, 2013

He is all about the money - he does not take insurance and then if you can't pay starts charges finance charges - Not a nice person - he claims he is a neighborhood Dr... NOT !

Submitted October 6, 2011