Ratings for Dr. Christie L. Messenger

Dr. Christie Messenger was on call when I went into labor with my daughter. When I phoned, she was all sweet & dandy, advising me to go to the hospital & that she will be there. I was in the delivery room for over 3 hours & she NEVER arrived. I was gasping for breath, going in & out of consciousness from the pain. My husband begged the hospital staff for an epidural but they refused, saying, we can't give it to you unless your dr. is here. When my husband kept asking where my Dr. was, they answered "we keep calling her but she'd rather be in bed now". After 3 hours of zero concern from hospital staff & no sign of Dr. Messenger, the baby came out with only my husband at my side. When Dr. Messenger was informed that I had already delivered, she called to congratulate me over my cell phone. She NEVER showed up & neither did she care to apologize for her irresponsible & careless behavior. I take a doctor for a reason... but then again... maybe she isn't a doctor in the first place. Please think a million times before handing your vulnerability of those dreaded moments (hours!) over to her incompetence. Good Luck!

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

Dr. Christie L. Messenger's Credentials

• University Of Missouri, Columbia School Of Medicine (Grad. 2006)