Ratings for Dr. John D. Steichen

Get a second opinion, felt hurried and test results were ignored even when problem showed up

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

I had a decompression/fusion surgery done by Dr. Steichen and had very little pain and a quick recovery. It has been 7 weeks since my surgery and I feel GREAT and am starting rehab this week. I had four friends who have had the same surgery and all had to have a second back surgery with poor results. I would highly recommend Dr. Steichen.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2016

Dr.Steichen is a wonderful surgeon! Before my surgery I was in extreme pain. When I awoke after my surgery, the pain was completely gone! I can not recommended Dr. Stricken enough!

flag | Submitted May 20, 2016

I went to see Dr.Stricken approx 2 yrs ago. I had 3 nerve blocks prior to my first visit. I was and still am in severe pain. I had to leave work this week because I could not put wt bearing on my right leg without screaming out loud. This is so embarrassing. I went to the ER. Test revealed lumbar radiculopathy sciatica. It was at least a 10 pain scale. I am going to have to quit work because I am going to have to go to a walker.I have been in bed now for 3 days because I can't walk. And he would not do anything for me and my MRI revealed I had a serious problem. I think he just did not want to deal with such a extensive problem. But I was treated like dirt. Gave me results over the phone and did not even get a follow up. I would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2016

I am Police officer who was seriously injured twice in the line of duty. Dr Steichen performed both surgeries and I am blessed by his God given talents. He may be in a rush and can't listen to every persons life story, but he gets the job done right. I am grateful to have him in my life to keep me alive and able to do the most important job, (raise my 3 boys). He restored my ability to walk without assistance! Thank you Dr. John Steichen!

flag | Submitted March 15, 2013

Dr. John Steichen made me feel very comfortable and at ease from the moment i sat down and we went over mri results. He explained to me why and what was going to take place. His assistant and office staff members were equally as nice and ready to answer any questions i had. He has performed two spinal surgery on myself. I highly recommend him for anyone needing any of his services.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2012

Phenom. Third neurosurgery finally fixed. Should have went to him first

flag | Submitted November 3, 2011

I love Dr. Steichen. He is awesome. I am blessed for him to have worked on me...

flag | Submitted October 17, 2011

Although Dr. Steichen was extremely knowledgable, he did not seem to have the time or even the care a neurosurgeon should possess. Highly disappointed with my experience overall.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2011

Marginal effort difficult to contact disappointed overall ..

flag | Submitted January 24, 2011

Dr. John D. Steichen's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1985)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal